Quad Kk2 no calibration

Richyrich

Hi, I have just finished building my first quad. It's a hobbyking 450, using kk2 board a Orange receiver. Got as far as setting up the esc and found there is not setting for it. I'm new to these boards but suspect its faulty but before I order a new one is there something I've missed? Any help or ideas will be much appreciated. Richard

Lee

Are you saying, you can't see an ESC calibration menu?

"Esc Calibration":
Instructions:
1: Important: TAKE OFF THE PROPELLERS OR DISCONNECT ONE WIRE FROM THE MOTOR!!
2: Turn off the FC power.
3: Turn on the transmitter and set the throttle to max.
4: Press down button 1 and 4, keep pressing until last step. Releasing the buttons aborts the calibration.
5: Turn on power to the FC
6: Wait for the ESC to beep its full throttle calibrated signal. Takes a few seconds, depends on the ESC. 7: Lower the throttle to idle.
8: Wait for the idle throttle calibrated signal.
9: Release the buttons.

Richyrich

Hi Lee, yes that's correct there's no setting on the board for it. I've been following instructions to setup and they Showa setting.

Stambo

Have you updated the firmware on your KK2?
If not you really need to do so as self level is not even worth trying on version 1.2.
As a new quad pilot you will be courting disaster.
Trust me, I've been there.

Tony

Staff member
Post #2 should read, "take off 2 wires from the motor" if you are using brushless.

Richyrich

Hi, yes I've updated the firmware and flashed the secs. I have now managed to calibrate them and everything is now ok. For some thanks

- - - Updated - - -

As I've gone through the settings is found nothing relating to calibrating esc. I've seen a number of videos and they all show a setting which gives instructions on how to calibrate the esc so I'm guessing this version just hasn't got them. Thankfully it up and running now. Thanks for everybody's help

Stambo

Good that you have it working.
You have flashed the ESCs with simonk?

If you give us some specs re motors, props, ESCs, battery etc we can probably
point you in the right direction as far as some P and I settings go that seem to work.

Richyrich

Hi, yes with SimonK. I post the spec when I get home. Many thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Yes with simonk I'll post the spec when I get home. Thanks

Richyrich

Hi again, the spec is as follows: 1100kv motors, 10 45 props, 30 amp secs (hobbyking not sure which ones) kk2 board, orange receiver and 25c, 2200, 3 cell battery.

Stambo

I would suggest 10x4.5 props are probably too big, mine flys way better on 8x4.5 with the same specs.
3s or 4s, I run 4s so if you are on 3s you might be ok with 9 inch props.

Aileron and elevator
P gain 55
P limit 100
I gain 30
I limit 20

Yaw
P gain 70
P limit 20
I gain 35
I limit 10

Self level
P gain 80
P limit 50

Stick scaling is a bit like dual rate, suggest leave it default until you gain a bit of confidence.
I fly mine almost all the time with self level on. It is set to a switch on my tx that has to be on or I get a switch error when I turn it on. That way I don't forget.

I'm not saying these settings will work for you but if it helps, that's great.

There are some really good kk2 vids on YouTube by dhdsracer.
He's the kk2 guru.

Last edited:

Richyrich

Hi, many thanks for that, I'll give these a try later today and let you know how I get on. I'll also check them videos out you suggested.

Top Bottom