Flight Controllers Kk2 board

Richyrich

Hi

I've had a kk2 board on a 450 quad for sometime but have never had a successful flight. Although it keeps the quad level, it flys off in one direction or another. It responds to inputs from the radio but I don't really have control over it. I've tried various setting but still the problem remains.

I have it setup on a dx2 using only really using the sub trim settings. I'm sure it's only a setting issue but does anybody have any ideas where to start?

Any assistance will be much appreciated

Richard

Stambo

How have you got it mounted. Not solid I hope.
Those things don't like vibrations, make sure your props are well balanced.

Do a search in youtube for dhdsracer and KK2, he has some awesome KK2 setup and tuning vids.

Lee

You have it set up on a DX2? Is that right?
I will have a look at my settings when I get back from work.

Richyrich

Hi Lee
No that was my mistake - it's a dx6i.

Yes the props are spot on and everything else appears to be too. However, I will try a little more rubber under the board. I've just been looking at a couple of video and picked up a couple of tips which I'll try tomorrow when I get home. I'll let you know how it goes.

Lee

I have mine mounted on nylon standoffs. On each side of the boards holes are rubber grommets then a nut to tighten down everything.
Works well for me.

Jerryz

What's up Pilots!! I just finished mt scorpion style tricopter. Flies very nice. The only problem I have is I can't land the darn thing. I ease down the throttle and about a foot off the ground it drops like a rock. I'm sure it's a KK2 setting, but I can't seem to find it. Any ideas guys?

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like you are getting into the ground effect of the blades and it's losing lift. I don't think it's a board issue as the KK2 doesn't have a barometer to know the altitude.

Jerryz

Yeah Tony. I agree with you, but I dont have that problem with my other two tricopters. I just thought there may be a throttle setting or something. I tried doing the throttle calibration.Where you power the board and quickly hold down the 1 and the 4 button, but I could not seem to get it. I also have a non related question. How do I display my avatar?

Tony

Staff member
It could have something to do with the curves or something like that. Not sure though, don't have any quads to test it out on lol. Wish I did. Man do I wish I had a quad...

Unrelated answer.... Click Here ----> RC-Help.com

Jerryz

It could have something to do with the curves or something like that. Not sure though, don't have any quads to test it out on lol. Wish I did. Man do I wish I had a quad...

Unrelated answer.... Click Here ----> RC-Help.com

LOL..Don't wish too much. I gotta tell ya, the Chinese instructions that come with the kits. Just plan on figuring it out yourself. But there are some great build videos on some of these multirotor kits. This last tricopter. The instructions were virtually useless, and no build videos. I just kinda went piece by piece, and screw by screw. :thinking:

Jerryz

I was just thinking. I wonder if in the DX8 you can set up a quad or tricoper as a heli. Then maybe you can put in throttle curves. Just reaching.

Tony

Staff member
Now that is one of those things that I have no clue on.

I thought I posted a reply to your other post as well. Friggin interwebz...

My last reply was (that didn't post), I have been pretty good at getting the jist of the instructions and then making the videos for RCH so that others don't have as hard of a time learning how to set stuff up. So far, it's been received quite well. So I'm not skeerd of instructions hahahahaha.

Jerryz

HA! I agree. The one thing this hobby has taught me is to think outside the box. With the right amount of glue and balsa, you can almost fix anything. I am working on my crashed PA Bandit. Rather than spend $139 on a new fuselage, I think I actually fixed this one. Even with a top company like Precision Aerobatics, the instructions were terrible. But I don't want to digress from this thread's topic.

Jerryz

Well I solved my earlier problem regarding my tricopter bouncing when I land. I just needed to calibrate the ESCs. I guess they were not in sync. I'm getting some conflicting information on self level settings. My copter drifts to the right and back. Some say add positive numbers, and some say negative. Anyone have any better information?

Stambo

Just try it one axis at a time, I used to run KK2s but I cannot remember which way is what.
Bump one axis up by 20 or so and see what happens.
If it gets worse you are on the right track, just put in minus numbers.
Obviously higher or lower depending on how bad it is.

Jerryz

I am back with yet another Tricopter problem. I don't understand why I keep building these things. I have an HK Talon Tricopter with the KK2 on board. Well I flew it today, and it flew fabulous. I mean it looked like I really knew what I was doing. Back and forth, low high speed passes. Well, I stopped in a hover to land, and it lost it's mind. Suddenly started to oscillate wildly. I was able to get it down without damage. I checked all my connections, receiver, KK2, esc, and motor connections. I have no idea what that was about.

- - - Updated - - -

This is just a test to see if I edited my setting right.

- - - Updated - - -

WL Toys V949 Quad x2 - WL Toys V959 Quad - WL Toys V911 Heli x3
450 X Quad Banggood Frame HK electrics/electronics. CF Mini H Quad Naze32
Discovery clone Banggood Frame HK electrics/electronics. Home built H Quad re-retired
Esky Belt CP V2 - Trex 500
Hobbyzone Champ, AXN Floater Jet

STAMBO...How did you enter this information so it shows up when you post?

Tony

Staff member
Click on settings at the top of the forum then "edit signature". As for the wobble, from what I have researched lately, it sounds like you need to lower your I gain in your PID settings.

Lee

Having flown perfectly, then gone mad, is a hard one.
How is the board secured? Is it possible it moved?

Top Bottom