700 Kds agile 7.2

Ghostflyer1

The Agile 7.2 was officially released at Ircha 2013, and I have to tell you I was blown away by its performance. I love the this thing....
The Pics below are the Agile, Bryan defiling my Agile, and Jason smacking the hell out of the agile.

20130725_073924.jpg

20130824_125652.jpg

20130921_115758.jpg

Lee

Looks like a sweet bird Eric.
Interested to hear your opinion on how it flies and how easy it is to build and maintain. Durability ??

murankar

Staff member
That does look really good. How was the build?

What are your thoughts on the kit?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

stokke

A member in the local club has one of those. Looks like an awesome bird! Sort of a hybrid betwen the align 700 and goblin 700. Pretty costly bird though isn't it?

Smoggie

I just picked up an Agile 7.2 airframe with motor and blades on an impulse buy. Guy was selling it at about 30% of what it would cost to buy new and i couldn't resist. It's a couple of years old but has upgrade to latest FBL head (non-DFC) a spare canopy and the latest upgraded TT gears.. plus all original bits. It appears to have never been flown, it looks like it was built and just left on the shelf.

Now I need to get some servos and an ESC.. i think i may rob the bits from another heli as I've got more than i can fly already (yes I'm a Heliholic:rolleyes1:)

Pics:
a8650928-103-DSCN1986.jpg

a8650927-0-DSCN1990.jpg

a8650923-183-DSCN1988.jpg

a8650928-103-DSCN1986.jpg

a8650927-0-DSCN1990.jpg

a8650923-183-DSCN1988.jpg

Smoggie

Took me a bit longer than expected, due to laziness rather than any build problems, but it's finished!

DSCN2000.jpg

DSCN1999.jpg

Build spec is 'what I had laying around':

FBL: Vbar Blueline
Servos: RJX HV
ESC: Rotorstar 120HV (same as YEP) with YGE heatsink
Motor: KDS BL4725 540Kv
BEC: Gryphon 7075LMT 'Quasar'
RC: Spektrum sats plus TM1000 telemetry

I've got headspeeds set at 1850, 2000 and 2150.

I gave it a quick shake down flight during my lunchbreak and it seems to be flying very nicely and running smoothly, but the conditions were terrible so it was just one very easy going flight. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

holtneil

Hi Steve lovely bird your fleet must be so big now your need a van to take them out all at once ,I hope the weather is good Sunday are you going to be able to get out on mothers day

Smoggie

The shocking pink canopy colour was not my choice, it came with the heli... It should at least be highly visible of dull days. I also have the standard KDS canopy if the pink one causes too much p!ss taking down the field:wink:

Smoggie

I want flying today with a mountain of batteries intending to have a marathon flying session. When i got to the field there was a cross country running event organised and too many people milling around for comfort. I did get three flights in before the running started including two with the Agile, so all was not lost.

The Agile flies great and even on its first flights with no adjustments handled the windy conditions no problem. She's a heavy old girl (about 150g heavier than my Goblin 770) but you don't notice it in flight.
agile.jpg

Video:
[video=youtube_share;vpDhvHQnHgA]https://youtu.be/vpDhvHQnHgA[/video]

Smoggie

My my own stupidity i managed to blow the YEP 120A ESC in the Agile, no great loss because I got it cheap and it was only a temporary fix while i got hold of a 160A ESC. I ended up going for the Hobbywing Platinum 160A HV V4. This is a brilliant ESC, very similar in spec to the Kontronik Kosmik ESC and like the Kontronik it has a very powerful built in BEC which is unusual on HV ESC's. The BEC actually has a maximum rating of 25A which is more powerful than some of the ESC's in my spare parts box!

Here is is installed:

DSCN2005.jpg

I flew it for the first time today and it brilliant. The soft start is miles better than the old YEP was and the governor is silky smooth too. Highly recommended if you can stretch to the asking price. If anyone is thinking about buying a Hobbywing ESC the discount code 'RCHELINATION' gets you 20% off at Hobbywingdirect.com

DSCN2005.jpg

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hobbywing does put out nice esc in the Platinum series. I have the 50a Platinum ProV3 for my X3. I'm getting the 80a Platinum ProV3 to replace my 80a Yep. The 450 has the FunFly 40amp. I would like to hand down the 50a to the 450 then get 60a for the X3 and the 80a for the 500. How nice is it to want. :drools:

Smoggie

Here's the Agile flying earlier today with the new ESC fitted.. (very windy)

Last edited by a moderator:

Smoggie

I bet that bird has no problem handling the wind.

Yes you are right, she handles the wind really well. The Agile 7.2 a big heavy lump of a heli which helps a lot, plus the Vbar does a great job of cancelling out the wind.

The ability to fly in high winds has been much needed these last few months because it's been almost constantly windy here.

Smoggie

I've been grounded for a few months now due to winds 25-30mph (just so happens on my damn days off!) :((((.

You have my sympathy. It's exactly the same here, perfect conditions all week while I'm at work then howling wind every weekend.

Smoggie

I had an issue with the Agile, it was chewing up the helical crown gear that drives the torque tube. The UK KDS dealer was out of parts so i ordered from Hawk-RC in Hong Kong, expecting the heli to be grounded for a couple of weeks. Amazingly the bits arrived in four days! Hard to believe considering that i took the basic and cheap shipping option. Hawk-RC seem like a top notch supplie, highly recommended.

I got a few other bits and pieces including a set of optional low profile landing gear. Here is it with the racy landing gear fitted (you have to be eagle eyed to spot the difference to be honest):
DSCN2010.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom