FBL Gyro Kbar Setup

Tony

Staff member
How different compared to what? Compared to a V-Bar, they are exactly the same. DO NOT try to update it, it will be bricked. But compared to something like a 3GX, it is completely different.

I myself have never set one up so I am of no help. However, I think @murankar has set them up (the real one, maybe the clone). I know he has the V-Bar system anyway.

Matt

I’ve heard not to update it because it will be bricked.. I’d say how much more difficult is it to set up compared to a Ikon2?

I haven’t seen @murankar on here for a while now..

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
To me, it seems pretty similar. It is a tabbed interface and you just run through the menu's and set things up accordingly.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, you have my electronic itch going off. What was wrong with the satellite? PM me if you want to keep this on topic, I'm just curious.

Matt

The satellite was broken with visible damage to the case and it wouldn’t keep a bind. I switched to a satellite that was good and now I’m able to go through the kbar setup..

Tony

Staff member
What did you do with the bad satellite? Might make a good video to try and repair it.

Tony

Staff member
If it's not covered in food scraps (lol), I would definitely like to see if I can get it working. And if I do, I will send it back to you. Should be a fun project.

Matt

I don't like this K-Bar, but for $36 it works because I'm not quite doing 3d, and it suffices for the time being.. I'd much prefer an Ikon2 or a Brain2, but they are $200, and for the flying that I'm doing the K-Bar is "good enough"..

Matt

I like the K-Bar for the price.. but I don’t know how good it is going to be as far as stability in the air goes..

Admiral

I used K-Bar for a while and had no issues with them they work well, moved on to iKon/Brain mainly for the auto level/rescue feature which I've only ever user once but it works.
At the time I was using AR7200s for good models and K-Bar for the cheaper ones and couldn't really notice a lot of difference in flying characteristics.

Matt

That’s awesome to know.. I’m glad the K-Bar is halfway decent.. will the K-Bar handle moderate 3D? I can quite do moderate 3D but if I did would the K-Bar hold up?

if I was to do a flip or roll, would the K-Bar hold up to that?

Tony

Staff member
Most all of them are good for mild 3D (flips, rolls, funnels and so on). The faster moves like tick tocks can confuse the gyro, but most of the newer clones do well here as well.

Matt

That makes perfect sense.. a flip and a roll isn’t quite hard 3D.. but I can understand that some of the harder 3D moves may require a better, more expensive, more stable gyro..

thanks, that makes me feel less anxious about only spending $36 on a gyro, because all I can quite do at this point is flips and I’m glad it will hold up for that..

Top Bottom