700 Kasama 700

trainrider06

Anyone played with this one??
Reservations for new Kasama 700 machine - Helicopter Kits
Well maybe not this particular one since its preorder...
Looks like pretty much a non electric included frame tail head combo...$340.00
Not thinking about buying one myself but, the frame seems susceptible to damage with not much in the way of bracing down there on the bottom..
Looks interesting though...

Smoggie

Hi Rodney,

I have the Kasama Dune 600. If the new 700 is anything like the 600 it will be an exquisite piece of engineering, absolute top notch quality. They tend to be quite complex with lots or parts which is unlike the trend for low parts count these days, but all the parts are there for good reason and they are beautifully made so that's ok in my book.

Cheap they are not. The price for the new 700 (airframe only) is actually $1200, not $340 (the figure quoted on the Kasama UK web site is only a deposit). Spare parts are also eye wateringly expensive, luckily I haven't needed any spares for my Dune. I actually stripped it down last week and it was all perfect, I didn't even have to change a single bearing.

I'd be interested in the new 700 but not at that price. I'll keep my eye open for one coming up second hand (which is how I got the Dune).

trainrider06

Lol wow! Thanks for the correction and saving me from a heart attack! Lol I was thinking to myself wow, $340 for a 700 airframe! Sounds pretty good!....lol dang why is it these heli's that I get an eye on are always outta my price range....:(
That's right though, I was thinking I had seen a Dune in someone's pix before! Man Steve your sure getting to be my hero with your super cool heli collection! And that's no joke! You have some really nice birds for sure!

Smoggie

Thanks!.. I'm lucky, i do have some nice helis. I got the Dune at a good price second hand but it had never turned a blade.

It's been a bit of a hanger queen for a few months because it was running a little noisey. That just turned out to be the thrust bearings on the main shaft needed some grease. I hovered it in the garden last night after it's rebuild and it's running smooth as silk again. If the weather cooperates i'll give it a few flights this weekend. I'll try to remember to charge the video cam:biglaugh:

Top Bottom