General Just Wondering.... can you use a 3GX on a Flybarred Heli?

Westy

LEGEND
Was just wondering if someone had tried it ..... I have done coming in from the USA that I brought with a Trex 600 motor and 75 amp Align ESC ..... for $120 USD landed in NZ :) Good Score I thought

stokke

I don't see why not. You just run the tail through the 3GX, and the rest through a standard Rx. Don't see the point though, but I believe it can be done LOL :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That'll make your flybar ( mechanical ) and flybar (software) fight with each other ;) more then likely putting you in TBE :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

stokke

If you remove the flybar there will be nothing connecting the head and swash LOL

wolfman76

if you want to do away with the flybar best bet is to just upgrade the head to flybarless lot less to repair in case of a crash and runs alot smoother i am going by other ppls posts from what i have read all three of my helis are still flybarred but am considering going flybarrless on my HK500GT seeing as i already upgraded it to an align TT..

Westy

LEGEND
If you remove the flybar there will be nothing connecting the head and swash LOL

Lol .... yeah I was looking at that .... but you could put on longer rods .... and connect the swash direct to the blade grip .... although I am not sure if that will completely throw out the Phase timing.

Tony

Staff member
Can you do it, yes. Can you plug everything into the gyro and just run the satellite Rx's? Yes. Will it fight with the flybar, yup slightly. But you can turn down both pots and reduce everything in the program that has to do with elevator and ailerons and it should work just fine. But, no promises.

Top Bottom