500 Just when you think everything is Perfect :(

Lee

100_2135.jpg
Just finished set up with all my new bits and pieces installed. Took it for a test flight. Everything look solid, tail, head was spot on. Took it up for some slow stall turns then bang!!!! Tail blade shot off. Flicked the throttle hold tried to bring it in gently but it was on its side. Oh well 1st look, new blades, another new boom, base plate, flybar, tail blades. links and servo arms. Looks like the MG930's can take a bash all working fine. Actually broke the arms off so one good point.

Tony

Staff member
Man that really sucks Lee. Those are some really nice blades too. I think this is a lesson for all of us. We need to practice autorotation lol. Go inverted, cut the throttle, and try to land hahaha.

How bad was the canopy hurt? Looks like some cracks in this pic.

Keith

Man that really sucks Lee. Those are some really nice blades too. I think this is a lesson for all of us. We need to practice autorotation lol. Go inverted, cut the throttle, and try to land hahaha.

How bad was the canopy hurt? Looks like some cracks in this pic.

That's easier than falling off a log..... Landing with the least amount of damage is the problem....

Lee

I can't get the lowering the stick when things go bad out of my head. Not good when in Idle up as it obviously goes full negative. I could have come down alot softer if i had given it some positive pitch. One lesson that needs to be learnt, and quickly before the next hicup. :(

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, or you can set your throttle hold to your normal mode pitch settings. That way, it's only a little negative pitch lmao.

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
That is a really big SUX. Looks like you got your cookie jar out and started counting your pennies up too. Sorry bud, all we can do is laugh it off and hope for the best the next time. Right?

Tony

Staff member
That is all I can do. I had one of those "dumb thumb" crashes today lmao. My poor 450...

Lee

Seems like we are having a competition to see who can break the most pieces.
100_2136.jpg

Lee

Got my new Batteries. So when the 500 is ready again i'll be flying all day long :D Until then i can now fly my 600, 3 times :D before every charge.

6S Batteries.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lee thats pretty bad looking crash , feel your pain, hope to see it back in the Air soon,
Nice set of Lipo's you got there, that will sure keep it in the air for a bit.

Lee

Everything arrived today to get the 500 back in the air. Check this out. I got this little gold mine for $40.

500%20Spares.jpg

The CX500 TT arrived too but one side of the frame leaves a lot to be desired. Easily fixed but i'll email them and see if i can get a free replacement.

Bad%20frame.jpg

Keith

I got this little gold mine for $40.

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink,...... Don't worry Lee we wont tell Celia the truth...

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
I think I might beat you. My tailrotor hub is suppose to be here today. I also bought align parts. I bought a brand new Copterx tailrotor holder from Ehirobo and dang while I was going through the process of checking for loktite another bolt twisted off in the hub. So, from now on I'm only going to buy Align replacement parts.

Top Bottom