Spektrum Just scored a great deal on a DX8...

trainrider06

I think....
It arrived last night, seems to be in great working order, and shape....yes there is a "but".
I noticed the throttle stick does not go all the way down or up.
Is this broken, or is there an adjustment? I'm afraid to bind it to a heli because of this, mainly
because if for some reason the throttle is messed up and sitting at about 1/8 stick that the power to
the heli would be 1/8 throttle up...

RandyDSok

Is this broken, or is there an adjustment?

That is the question but the only way to know would be to look inside and see... odd the seller didn't mention it to start with.

trainrider06

I was just thinking I'd check the graph, am at work right now though.
Thanks cml001!
rdsok, if the need arises to pull it apart, anything I should look for/watch out for??

cml001

Not big on taken them apart myself... Couldn't tell ya.. I did my old DX6i to lube the gimbles once.. Only time I every took it apart.

callsign4223

Staff member
You shouldn't need to take a dx8 apart to adjust it. All the adjustment screws are accessible from the outside through holes in the back of the transmitter. The holes are covered up by the rubber grips. One of Tony's DX8 videos on here goes into adjusting stick tension. I don't recall if there were endpoint adjustments as well though.

Tony

Staff member
I"m pretty sure my DX8 didn't go all the way to the top and bottom either. Go into your monitor menu and make sure you are reaching 100% on that stick. In fact, just check all of your sticks to be safe. I'm sure you will find that there is nothing wrong with the Tx.

trainrider06

Not big on taken them apart myself... Couldn't tell ya.. I did my old DX6i to lube the gimbles once.. Only time I every took it apart.

I don't mind tinkering with em, heck my DX6i I installed a back light, and replaced the menu gimble and switch and it was fairly easy to do. I just want to make sure it's right is all.

- - - Updated - - -

You shouldn't need to take a dx8 apart to adjust it. All the adjustment screws are accessible from the outside through holes in the back of the transmitter. The holes are covered up by the rubber grips. One of Tony's DX8 videos on here goes into adjusting stick tension. I don't recall if there were endpoint adjustments as well though.
I'll have to check that out, the stick does seem to move too freely for my taste. Be nice to stiffen it a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

I"m pretty sure my DX8 didn't go all the way to the top and bottom either. Go into your monitor menu and make sure you are reaching 100% on that stick. In fact, just check all of your sticks to be safe. I'm sure you will find that there is nothing wrong with the Tx.

Yeah Tony I just talked to the guy that sold it to me and he said he questioned the same thing when he first bought it, but compaired it to another and the stick was the same...but I'll check the menu also and make sure I am getting full travel also....he said it worked great, and I tend to believe him seemed like a good guy....it was a killer deal for $150.00!

RandyDSok

rdsok, if the need arises to pull it apart, anything I should look for/watch out for??

If it comes to that... you should be able to compare the left gimble with the right one and it should become pretty obvious what the differences are ( if any ). Just some basic engineering knowledge should be enough to determine why it's travel is limited once you look at it ( if that is needed still )

I can't imagine them designing it so that each gimble would have different travel distances... and my idea of end points would only change what they are electronically, not physically. I'm usually pretty good with outside the box and lateral thinking and I can't think of a reason for a physical limit which it can be done easier with an electronic one.... now it if weren't a computer radio, that'd be a different story.

I can see the jokes now though... Spectrum couldn't afford two sticks that could go to 10 on the knob and have one that only goes up to 9... or... Spectrum, when you don't want to go all of the way... :D

Lee

Sometimes, one of the Pot cables can get caught in the gimble.
Something to check if you take the back off.

trainrider06

Well it looks like everything is good on it, and by what is said and manual looks like stick
tension can be adjusted from outside...:)

Top Bottom