Just Picked this up.

Ken Jackson

Lost my job, a little depressed so what else does a normal man do? Go buy something he can't afford.

Maiden flight went well, gonna take a little getting used to it. Can take off and land in the grass which is really cool.

Ken

IMG_8098.jpg

IMG_8098.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I have been there bro. Sometimes, you need to get something that you can't afford just to keep your sanity. I know when I was between jobs, Rc is what pulled me through it by keeping my mind off of it for 5 minutes at a time. Great looking plane, but as you know, no video, no maiden flight... You know the :rules:

pvolcko

Sorry you lost your job, Ken. Hopefully something will come along soon for ya. In the meantime, looking forward to some vid of that plane flying. :)

teleman

That sucks… I worked 18 years at the same company and one day out of the blue they tell me my position has been dissolved so hit the bricks buddy… Im still out of work and the hobby and this forum has helped a lot… Also my son has been deployed for two years and is on his way home today so its all good…. Get out and have a good time because when we get back to work , well you know…its work…lol…And that plane looks like its a tricky one to fly…Good luck Bro…

Ken Jackson

Nice plane Ken. Should be nice and stable with the AS3X.

I've only flown it three times and so far I'm not as impressed as I was with the AS3X on my SBach. It was rock solid. This plane doesn't give me the same confidence. The Spektrum AR635 has gain adjustments so I need to tweak it. I really want to fly on a calm day and see how it does. Also channel 5 (gear) is a toggle for 3D mode. I flipped it on when I was up high, it just made it extremely sensitive. Seemed like it cranked the roll rate way up. Didn't want to crash my new plane so I'll play with it more but winter is coming the days are very short so it may not happen till spring. I love the size of this plane with 45" (1143mm) wing span. Looks really cool moving through the air.

- - - Updated - - -

That sucks… I worked 18 years at the same company and one day out of the blue they tell me my position has been dissolved so hit the bricks buddy… Im still out of work and the hobby and this forum has helped a lot… Also my son has been deployed for two years and is on his way home today so its all good…. Get out and have a good time because when we get back to work , well you know…its work…lol…And that plane looks like its a tricky one to fly…Good luck Bro…

Congrats on your son coming home!! Tell him we are proud of our service men and welcome him home.

I am actually starting a new job Monday in downtown Chicago. I am on a one week trial to see if I like the job and they like me. Doing what I am trained for with a product I have been to VanCouver Canada a few times for training. Been away from it for about 7 years but should pick it back up pretty quick. The following week I have an interview with another company doing the same type of work but with a product I have no training on. They service Notre Dame university exclusively so a couple very prestigeous opportunities. I'm a little nervous but glad my skill set is marketable. Have no ideal where I'll end up but the next couple weeks certainly will be interesting.

Top Bottom