General Just getting started!!

concodd

Hi all
Has been a while since I last posted, so here goes. Have got this JR XG8 that I have not used for a while. Just want to know if I can use it for flying fpv racing drones???

Smoggie

I cant imagine any reason why not. Supply of JR products has been very patchy recently but providing you can get hold of a suitable receiver you should be fine.

concodd

I cant imagine any reason why not. Supply of JR products has been very patchy recently but providing you can get hold of a suitable receiver you should be fine.
Thanks for that, there is another part to this question which you may also be able to shed some light on. looking at getting a Shuriken X1 and it is giving me options on a preinstalled receiver DSMX, FRSKY XSR, FUTABA or FLYSKY Receiver. Which one is likely to work with JR and if all will, which one would you choose?

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately none of those Rx will work with your Tx. You are running on DMSS with the XG8 which is pretty new. You are more than likely going to have to run a full Rx on that quad. If it is a 250 quad, this will not be an issue. If this is a micro quad then I doubt it will work.

concodd

Unfortunately none of those Rx will work with your Tx. You are running on DMSS with the XG8 which is pretty new. You are more than likely going to have to run a full Rx on that quad. If it is a 250 quad, this will not be an issue. If this is a micro quad then I doubt it will work.
Many thanks Tony, it is advertised as a 200mm racing drone so I am assuming that it is not a mini drone. as it is sold prebuilt is it worth continuing along this line or do you know of any other prebuilt drones that I can use with my JR?

Tony

Staff member
I don't know of any that support DMSS in a BNF configuration. You are going to have to install your own Rx on any of them. And if it's 200mm, then it should be fine.

concodd

Tony, any chance you could suggest a workable receiver to work with my JR on the racing drone . Have watched a few videos on you tube, I only have a JR propo receiver at my disposal and having looked at it, there seems to be far too many wires needed to plug into these racing drones, they obviously seem to use a smaller receiver with less wires??

Tony

Staff member
The way most people are doing it is just using satellite Rx's and wiring them into a UART on the board. But to my knowledge they do not support DMSS. You are going to need to run wires which is going to be a total cluster .... but without them adding the DMSS features, it's the only way. Best thing to do is a search for DMSS micro Rx and get the smallest and lightest receiver out there and use that. I almost purchased one of these Tx because I absolutely loved the way they looked.

concodd

The way most people are doing it is just using satellite Rx's and wiring them into a UART on the board. But to my knowledge they do not support DMSS. You are going to need to run wires which is going to be a total cluster .... but without them adding the DMSS features, it's the only way. Best thing to do is a search for DMSS micro Rx and get the smallest and lightest receiver out there and use that. I almost purchased one of these Tx because I absolutely loved the way they looked.
Many thanks Tony, will give it a go. only other alternative is to purchase another transmitter, any suggestions on that one, inexpensive, but good quality that will be good for racing quads?

Top Bottom