Just another Vibe 55 Flight.. but sadly.. the baffle was broken inside. VIBE GROUNDED

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Well.. Video is uploading.. nothing special.. No crash. Nothing.. Just a usual fun flight.. did see some discrepancies in the noise of the heli. Sounded more metallic. The outcoming smoke was also sometimes breaking out. I wasnt sure. Anywhew.. flew all my usual 10 minutes. and landed. Putting the heli back in the car.. and I heard a peice of metal clunk.. something in my muffler.. HEY WHAT THE HECK.. it is my baffle

OUTRAGE HYPER 55 MUFFLERS are a peice of JUNK1! I read up on them .. and every single one has had its baffle undone.. lol.. I was like Oh crap... another 70-80 odd bucks I'll need to drop in.. BUT... researching and shopping around.. I found helidirect having an AWESOME sale on Outrage mufflers. THE OUTRAGE 55 EVO.. an update I researched more about an Outrage EVO 55.. Apparently.. No baffle issues.. and AMAZING power..

GUESS HOW MUCH.. a new muffler was 94.99 .. Helidirect wanted to clear out stocks.. and it was being sold for 18.99 !!!!!!!!!!!! I was jumping and buying.. lol.. So HEADS up y'all.. DONT BUY a Outrage hyper muffler. BUT! EVO should be ok.. or atleast thats what people say.. I'll post my findings soon :)

http://youtu.be/RFur7jS0Krk

Have fun! :)

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Re: Just another Vibe 55 Flight.. but sadly.. the baffle was broken inside. VIBE GROU

Did you get a second one for the RCH 600? :chuckles:

zenmetsu

Re: Just another Vibe 55 Flight.. but sadly.. the baffle was broken inside. VIBE GROU

Nice flying :)

Question came up watching this, it sounds like the nitros bog a little more than electrics. Is this generally the case?

Maybe I am just hearing things.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
No they both bog the same amount. You hear nitros louder lol. I don't see any power loss in the maneuvers. And my engine is running quite rich. Like you see in the Gaui nx4 video that I posted from aero hobbies... Those are nitros tuned by pros for pro 3d.. Same or similar engines. This has more than enough power to do what I need to do. And like I said being louder you can hear everything even a pitch pump done 70 ft high.

My motor is a 2.3hp motor on a bird lighter than an electric bird of the same size :)

Lee

Nice Gaba, Now i'm going to have to wait for new skids before i can fly my 600 again :(

Tony

Staff member

This muffler is now $16.99!!!

Top Bottom