General just a stupid question

murankar

Staff member
Did this one ever make it to youtube prior to this question? This looks like an older one and I dont think I have seen it yet.

murankar

Staff member
Now I know the answer to the infamous question to go digital or not? Of course I did all four of them.

Tony

Staff member
With the introduction of Lipo batteries there is no reason for analog to even be on the market anymore.

murankar

Staff member
Price point. But then again if it was the only thing on the market price would drop. Supply demand.

cobieg

I am doing a mod. to an old bird and removing the old RX, I wanted to use one of the recievers that came with my dx61 ( AR6115e ) will the analog servos work or should I buy digital. Also will be using a 20a brushed esc for main motor.

murankar

Staff member
If you got the cash for digital then go digital. You'll notice a difference on the first flight.

Tony

Staff member
A brushed ESC? If you are using a brushless motor, you will have to use a brushless ESC. And Digital is best. They have much better holding and centering but are a little more noisy. However, analog will do just fine but with reduced centering and less power.

cobieg

this old axe cp is brushed. I am going to a belt drive conversion and get rid of the old 70 whatever mhz radio and use my dx6i with a AR6115e rx, and a turnigy 20a esc, gy48v gyro, and a digital tail servo. Just want to get alot of hovering and a little ff before I try the Trex 450 sport V2 that I just built. One might say that I am a little skeert of breaking it!

Top Bottom