450 ..just a general "450" observation

Derek

Something that I have really noticed lately is the amount of 450 class "heli talk" there is on this site. It seems that nearly everyone has at least 1 450 class heli. I am really really wanting to get a 600, but I may just reconsider getting the 600 and get a 450 instead. I think with all the people here that are so knowledgeable about the 450's, I could really learn something from all the talk that goes on EVERYDAY, lol.

Like i said....this is just an observation...but it's definitely getting me thinking....

wolfman76

it is a good observation derekit will definately hoan your skills better i think i have an exi 450 and they say the smaller the heli harder it is to control so if you get 1 and get good at flying it you will be good when you start moving up in heli sizes...

murankar

Staff member
Personally I would save the 450 til after you get the 600. Most 450 sized heli's are bought by people who want in the hobby without breaking the bank so to speak. Crashes are cheaper, electrics are cheaper, so on and so on. If you are will to make the investment I would get the 600 it will be more stable than your 500.

Tony

Staff member
You are right, the 450 is the MOST popular heli on this site even though a lot of us are going larger and larger (Gaba is trying to over compensate for something with his collection... :chuckles:). However, teh new 450's are just as stable as the larger helis, and will teach you a lot. When you crash your 450, you will spend $20 on a BRAND NEW set of Align blades. If you crash a 600, your out a bill just for the blades, let alone the other parts you just destroyed. The batteries are cheaper, the electronics are cheaper, and the 450's are just fun.

I would stay away from EXI, HK, (do I need to show the picture of my desk again?) and the lowest I would go is Chaos or Tarot, but highly suggest Align if your going to do it. The 3GX is SO MUCH BETTER than the zyx that there is no comparison. And the fitment of the Align is just superb.

Yup, have to post the picture... Look at the doors on teh desk...

attachment.php

526928_10200223820821647_786529093_n.jpg

Westy

LEGEND
He he ... I was just telling the Mrs ... look at their tree!!!!!! its got a heli canopy for an angel!!!! Nice job! I remember back in the day when you "TONY" was ravin about the EXi ..... I like hte Hobby King for a cheap copy that is not to bad really .... the HK 450 and 500 are not too bad at all.

Cheers

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I can't stand either one of them. I thought they were good when I didn't konw anything. Now that I have had a taste of what is actually good, I will NEVER order another one. I "MIGHT" order a chaos or Tarot, but I doubt it. Align only for me or higher.

The EXI and HK are so crappy on their assembly that they get thread lock in bearings, the bearings don't fit and are binding, the sliders suck, the swash has play in it from the factory, the blades are pure crap and split in flight, and the frame halves look like you drug them behind your car on a cross country trip. And lets not get into the electronics or flight characteristics. Just horrible. ALIGN FTW!!!

Westy

LEGEND
I nknow LOL ... .was pulling ya LEg! they are rubbish .... unless you upgrade the HK 500 with a new Swash and head and tail assembly! ,ight as well get a 500 Trex! haha

I can't stand either one of them. I thought they were good when I didn't konw anything. Now that I have had a taste of what is actually good, I will NEVER order another one. I "MIGHT" order a chaos or Tarot, but I doubt it. Align only for me or higher.

The EXI and HK are so crappy on their assembly that they get thread lock in bearings, the bearings don't fit and are binding, the sliders suck, the swash has play in it from the factory, the blades are pure crap and split in flight, and the frame halves look like you drug them behind your car on a cross country trip. And lets not get into the electronics or flight characteristics. Just horrible. ALIGN FTW!!!

Westy

LEGEND
I know ... It seems ... "They are so cheap .... What have I got to lose" ... Erm .... well for starters a reliable heli and a good teaching tool. If you start with a TRex.... or Tarot or Chaos ... at least you can be assured of good quality and workmanship.

I personally spent over a thousand notes on heli parts and months and months of issues..... ... but in hindsight ... it taught me lessons and the intricate teachings only mater Yoda could do! ..... Pain = learning = Future Success.

Although ... If I had someone that know what they wre doing and told me ... Don't waste your money ... you might think it is expensive .... but it is less expensive than option 1 LOL

stokke

My 450 is my training bird now. I learn on the sim first, then try it on my 450 - and lastly on the 600. A 450 is super agile, so when you fly bigger birds later - everything seems easier ;)

Lee

Get a Warp 360 :D its the size of a 450 and flys like a 600. So i've been told :D I'll find out myself soon enough.

Derek

Re: ..just a general "450" observation

I personally spent over a thousand notes on heli parts and months and months of issues..... ... but in hindsight ... it taught me lessons and the intricate teachings only mater Yoda could do! ..... Pain = learning = Future Success.

ummm "mater Yoda"..????????????? sounds like a cross between Pixar's "Cars" and Star Wars, lmao. I'm not trying to be insulting, Tony, I just had a huge laugh when I got the mental picture of "Mater" from the Pixar movie and Yoda from Star Wars, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Get a Warp 360 :D its the size of a 450 and flys like a 600. So i've been told :D I'll find out myself soon enough.

I'm very curious to hear your thoughts on the 360 when you get yours done, Lee.

Top Bottom