Misc JRC H8D Quadcopter Review 2 4G Tx 5 8G FPV From TomTop

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

Jrc H8d Quadcopter Review 2 4g Tx 5 8g Fpv From Tomtop

This is the longest it has ever taken to do a review video and I have to say, it was worth the wait. I have read multiple reviews of this quad and I heard everything from it's WiFi on the FPV (which it's NOT) and it doesn't handle ANY wind (which it does). Well, I put it all to the test in the video below! And I have to say, it felt good to be in front of a camera again and flying again even if I DON'T and NEVER WILL have an FAA number!

Have a watch and let me know what you think!

JRC H8D Quadcopter Review 2 4G Tx 5 8G FPV From TomTop - YouTube

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
It was definitely fun to fly but not near what I'm used to with the 250's, helicopters or even airplanes. But for a beginner quad, it's pretty good.

murankar

Staff member
Glad you were able to get another video up, congrats. It was great to see you filming again.

Now thats its after christmas and the gifts are opened and the kids are happy, I got a few ideas. I hate ideas because they always cost me money I dont have. Maybe thats why we dream a lot. Okay so I got myolest sone a railroad set. It is a basic oval set, hte kind you get as a kid and just enjoy the hell out of going in a circle, no the actual modeling type. I have to say it really brought back memories of sitting in the basement and running a train for hours. This gift sparked something in me that wants a basic 8 foot by 4 foot set up. What sucks is no money and two helicopters that need to fly soon or ill go nuts.

What I am thinking is getting the heli stuff sorted and in the mean time plan a setup that will allow me some winter fun. These railroad setups can take years to plan and build so what I think is I will start to plan something. I am not getting into the whole modeling thing. What I want is something that can be used just to play around with that is multi level, not more than 2 levels. I would like to have a switching yard or fiddle yard as it is known. Something where I can actively be involved with the set. At the same time I would like to be able to let it run while am just relaxing. My grand plan is maybe DCC with electric frog points that are motorized. One thing that interests me is the ability to program a raspberry pi or arduino to control the turnouts with motors.

Boy I have grand plans and no money at the moment.

Tony

Staff member
It was good to get back in front of the camera and behind the controller again. Even if it was with a toy. Trying to get time to get my other aircraft up in the air, but have other priorities first. Like finding a new job since my last one destroyed everything. And I mean everything. Trying to figure out what things to send to collections just to save my house... Sucky place to be, that's for sure.

Top Bottom