JR JR 10SXII: A classic

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
So after buying a new Hitec Optic 6 last spring (I love Hitec's stuff), I decided that maybe a more complex radio might be in store for me this season. I really liked the look and features that the Aurora 9 had to offer, but at the same time I didn't feel like I was ready to spend 300-400 dollars on a radio. About a month ago a buddy of mine was talking about a radio that he had bought from a fellow club member for $150, but what caught my attention was when he mentioned it was a 10 channel system. He brought it to the next club meeting and I really liked it. It had an easy to use touch screen and VERY easy to use programming, and it also had a magnesium case; the thing was like a Cadillac! This system is a JR 10SXII, made in the 90's, but as solid as any radio today, especially when equipped with a 2.4ghz module.

The moral of the story is that there are great deals to be made, and the newest radio might not always be the best radio (especially on a budget, I ended up getting this TX with a Spektrum module for $110). If you see one for a good price, its a radio worth picking up! Just wanted to share my experience with this radio to my fellow modelers. Pictures will come soon.

100_3935.jpg100_3936.jpg100_3938.jpg100_3940.jpg

100_3935.jpg

100_3936.jpg

100_3938.jpg

100_3940.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
You are correct that you can get some really good deals on the old Tx's that were equipped with modules that you can replace. Spektrum has some of the cheapest Rx's out there. And when you can get a touch screen with a spektrum module for what you got it for, that is a killer deal. Can't wait to see pics of this thing.

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
pictures uploaded!

- - - Updated - - -

I've been using the PCM module lately, that's why it's in the picture. Good for parkflying in far from the club...haha

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
I just got my Corona 2.4 module for it yesterday, works great!! I like it more than the Spektrum DSM2 module, it actually feels a bit smoother

Top Bottom