General IU setting?

treff

Well, it seems a long time since I have put up Dumb question on this site. A few health issues with the eyes but now I can see far enough to be dangerous again ha ha. Can anyone give me
the settings for throttle and pitch in IU ? At the moment I have 0,25,50,75,100 in pitch and throttle I have 80,80,60,80,80. I am trying to get more smoothness into my flights. I seem to change the throttle, everytime
I give rudder so I am trying to get around this with better settings on the TX. Any suggestions would be welcome. Cheers.

treff

I have answered my own question. Went out and put the heli into IU for the first time and what a difference. Lots more stable flight and no more up and down on the throttle
which makes it easier to fly. Will have to remember at the end of the flight to switch back. Cheers.
Now to get over the fear of going over 6 foot off the ground.

Last edited:

EyeStation

My left thumb is just starting to get a smooth left to right movement without corrupting the pitch-throttle. I am curious to see if an Expo adjustment would help this too.
Not a Dumb question at all!

Doh, I just saw your second post when sending mine off. Congrats on the good flight!

Cheers.

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Treff, run 80% at the bottom of your V curve, I.E. 90-90-80-90-90, it will give you a bit more head speed and a bit more stability with it as well

treff

Thanks EyeStation for the reply. Yes it does not happen every time but enough to get me into trouble. By going IU with the above settings I found things a lot more on the smooth side
and can concentrate on putting the helicopter where I want it to go. Cheers

treff

Cheers Slobberdog. It's great what they can do with lasers. Strangely it's improved my heli flying, my crashes are softer ha,ha.

Lee

Welcome back Treff,
I haven't been around much myself lately, but hoping thats going to change sometime very soon.

treff

Cheers Lee. Had my first major misshap already this afternoon ha ha. New head, tail, blades, etc, etc. All in the spares box. Just the esc not working
YEP 45 amp is going beep, beep, starts then stops. Reprogramed with card but I have either missed something or most probably it
is knackered. I hope things working out with you and yours. I see you are back in the UK in time for the brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr winter.
Things do look like they are picking up now so all the best. Cheers
UPdate to my last. Found the problem with esc and all is well. Must have reprogrammed wrong must find out about this govenor thingy ha, ha. Well all set to thrash the skies again.
well thrash the 2 feet I fly in ha, ha and will have to buy another cheapo heli because I have a new esc on the way. Jumped the gun there me thinks. Still these things are always handy to have around.
Got another YEP but the 60amp one is all they had. I have an idea to get a good heli I will buy it bit by bit so the wife does not notice. I may have cracked it there.
Cheers again

Last edited:
Top Bottom