Its ready for Maiden flight

Ken Jackson

Got my new bird done. Last part (ESC) came in yesterday. Supposed to be sunny today and 17 degrees F. A little cold for a maiden but I might go for it anyway. We got 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) of snow yesterday.

IMG_8747.jpgIMG_8749.jpgIMG_8751.jpg

IMG_8747.jpg

IMG_8749.jpg

IMG_8751.jpg

Derek

That's awesome Ken! I love that canopy! Depending on the wind, I may take my 500 out for some simple hovering. I dunno, it's still pretty cold here.

cml001

Sweet! I like that canopy too.. But the green & orange v2 I like better for my color choice.. But that canopy is very visible too... Looks great bud! Good luck w ur first flight. U said last part was an ESC? U replaced the stock align ESC? What did u use? I run the stock one but the gov mode sucks.. Was think'n bout put'n a CC 50 on her... But I'm kinda want'n to put the $ in something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Post up some close ups w the canopy off.. Curious to see ur wiring... Tight in the 450 I found.. Just curious.. Good luck again bud... Ur gonna love this bird!

Ken Jackson

Sweet! I like that canopy too.. But the green & orange v2 I like better for my color choice.. But that canopy is very visible too... Looks great bud! Good luck w ur first flight. U said last part was an ESC? U replaced the stock align ESC? What did u use? I run the stock one but the gov mode sucks.. Was think'n bout put'n a CC 50 on her... But I'm kinda want'n to put the $ in something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Post up some close ups w the canopy off.. Curious to see ur wiring... Tight in the 450 I found.. Just curious.. Good luck again bud... Ur gonna love this bird!

I actually converted an EXI flybar 450 SE to this helicopter. All the electronics came off my EXI but I was using a cobra ESC. There is very little room like you said inside this little bird. I went with the stock 450MX motor with the stock Align 35A ESC. Do you run yours in governor mood?

Tony

Staff member
I can't stress this enough, do NOT use governor on the Align 35a esc. It's HORRIBLE!

cml001

#£* NO!!!!!! It's so lame... Don't bother w it at all! I use a throttle "v" curve in my transmitter... Low stick 95- mid stick 90- high stick 95... Works good for me. I do wanna use a gov mode... But the stock align ESC just isn't up to the task.

Ken Jackson

I can't stress this enough, do NOT use governor on the Align 35a esc. It's HORRIBLE!

Yeah I read that in your post in another thread. What did you have your IU(s) throttle set at? I was going to give it a try with the govenor mode.

- - - Updated - - -

I set IU1 at 74, 73, 72,73, 74 and IU2 at 83, 82, 81, 82, 83

Tony

Staff member
On my helicopter with no governor, I'm running a flat 85% and 100%. No V in mine at all.

Ken Jackson

I don't usually show my wiring up close cause Tony always comments. I'm about building and flying. I try to be neat but won't go crazy trying to hide everything. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the ESC control wire back to the 3GX so I went outside.

IMG_1678.jpgIMG_1681.jpgIMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

Tony

Staff member
:scratchchin:

should I comment...

:chuckles:

Nah, hahahahaha.

The wiring actually looks good. You at least have it tied down.

Should I post a picture of my helicopter? :biggrin1:

Ken Jackson

:scratchchin:

should I comment...

:chuckles:

Nah, hahahahaha.

The wiring actually looks good. You at least have it tied down.

Should I post a picture of my helicopter? :biggrin1:

Sure post a pic. I will kill the gov mode and crank my throttle curves back up to what I wanted anyway. I'm about ready to go hover test.... Video if I go for it.

cml001

Werd! Have fun bro! Think I'm gonna go burn of a few batteries myself.. Gotta take my daughter to work.. There is a rather large parking lot by her work.. And Tony.. Yeah let's see ur lines!

Ken Jackson

Werd! Have fun bro! Think I'm gonna go burn of a few batteries myself.. Gotta take my daughter to work.. There is a rather large parking lot by her work.. And Tony.. Yeah let's see ur lines!

I showed you mine now you have to show yours, LOL

RC MAN

Should I put my wiring job in here ? Yall would probably laugh at me.
Comeon Tony, show your stuff, or, should I say, Stuffing, LOL

Top Bottom