Scale Its only taken a year to fully finish

holtneil

Hi guys at last the Cobra has been fully finished , its been flying for ages and Tony keeps saying it will look better with a black head and blades , well at last its done want to finish it before I start on the Goblin 630 Xmas time so here she is before in the First photo and after ,OMG Tony your so right about being in black

Cobra up close.png

DSCF1210.jpg

DSCF1211.jpg

DSCF1212.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
It adds that Stealth aspect to it. Love it. Only thing more you can do is strip the head and annodize the aluminum, nad get a set of completely scale blades from Rc Aerodyne.

*AHEM*

WHERE'S THE VIDEO!?!?!?!?!?!?

:chuckles:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey holtneil. That is a wonderful looking bird you got there. Can't wait to see the video. Maybe this will get you motivated. I had time to fly my scale heli while the batteries where charging for my X3 for tomorrow. I took a walk in the woods while flying and avoiding roots,branches and keeping the heli steady with every step I took. I made it without crashing and NO animals were hurt during filming. LOL P9250026 - YouTube

Heliman450

Hey holtneil. That is a wonderful looking bird you got there. Can't wait to see the video. Maybe this will get you motivated. I had time to fly my scale heli while the batteries where charging for my X3 for tomorrow. I took a walk in the woods while flying and avoiding roots,branches and keeping the heli steady with every step I took. I made it without crashing and NO animals were hurt during filming. LOL P9250026 - YouTube

Great to watch that. I doubt I could fly in the woods without meeting up with someone coming the other way on a bicycle or horse!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm impressed with your helipad. I'd probably have trouble hitting a sheet of 8x4 LoL :homer:

Last edited:

trainrider06

I wonder what someone mighta thought if they were walking through the woods and heard that thing running through the woods and didn't see it....probably been looking up in the sky thinking "dang that heli must be really low flying around here" LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys at last the Cobra has been fully finished , its been flying for ages and Tony keeps saying it will look better with a black head and blades , well at last its done want to finish it before I start on the Goblin 630 Xmas time so here she is before in the First photo and after ,OMG Tony your so right about being in black

That thing is so sweet!

NordCelt

Fantastic job on a ship that's near and dear to my heart. Not sure if my nerves could handle flying such a well done heli that I'd put so much work into. Definitely got me thinking about an H model Huey slick though.

NordCelt

Not sure where to find a Huey here either but haven't looked yet. My skills aren't quite up to that much of a project yet either. Sure nothing wrong with building a Cobra. Got to see one in action in Vietnam my first night there. Didn't even know a mini gun existed at the time and I was awe struck by the strange noise and solid beam of red light coming out of the front. If it weren't for the bends in the solid line as the gun swept around it would have looked just like a laser beam. They were definitely the best gun ship the assault helicopter units had in VN. I only reason I like Huey's so much is because I got to fly in them.

holtneil

I think the huey is just one of these helicopters you know as soon as you see it but can never remember when you first saw one , and OMG the sound its like the WW2 Spitfire as soon as you hear it you know what it is

NordCelt

Got that right. The Huey has a very distinct sound. I live near a National Guard helicopter base. Use to get to hear the Huey's for quit a long time then they switched to Blackhawks. I guess that's progress but I sure miss hearing the Huey's.

Top Bottom