It's official

murankar

Staff member
Got my orders today and I should be inn texas before the 15th of oct. Cant wait to get there and enjoy a mild winter for once. Anyhow the wife is looking in the belton area, any suggestions or ideas?

murankar

Staff member
Well flying for me is trying to control the bird while moving around in an odd shaped square. Just think we can make some fly videos for tony and the crew.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Well flying for me is trying to control the bird while moving around in an odd shaped square. Just think we can make some fly videos for tony and the crew.

You are well ahead of me :biggrin1: Good deal on the orders ... my son will be stationed in Alaska for his first duty assignment.

murankar

Staff member
Paul, I heard Alaska is nice. personally it's to cold for me there. He should have fun.

Breeze, if he is at hood have 'em look me up. Ft. Hood id Huge, really huge.

Lee, as for the fun fly that would be a great idea. Unfortunately if it is not close to Texas I wont be able to go. A wife and 4 kids to bring gets expensive quickly.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Breeze, if he is at hood have 'em look me up. Ft. Hood id Huge, really huge.

I think that's the place! He is finishing his medical training there. He's a medic now. Just got back from Afghanistan a few week ago. In Seattle now!

murankar

Staff member
If he is at medic training then he maybe at Ft. Sam Houston. That I think Is on the coast and is about a three or four hour drive.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Hey, I just thought of something ... when you come back, make sure you take special care of your heli stuff. I never trusted those packers with my whole baggage. When my roommate left Germany, he packed all of the CD cases to go in whole baggage. He packed all of the CDs in a keeper to take with him. This was quite a collection of CDs ... a lot of indie labels. Right after the goods went downstairs and into the shipping container, the packers came back up and wanted the inventory changed saying there wasn't any CDs in the packages. They were looking to abscond with the CDs and leave him high and dry. Even if the shipping company had given him the $$ for the CDs, he would have never been able to replace them due to their rarity. Anyway, don't trust them, especially with a cool heli collection.

murankar

Staff member
I was planning on taking it on the plane with me. I would like to have it at home to show my family. I do have an alright hard case for the heli and tx. If I ship a heli it will be the 120sr. I cant see that kind of money going over water away from my close eye. The only issue I have is once I land in the states and connect to cleveland. When I depart Korea I will be on a charter flight so that wont be an issue. Anyhow I hope this plan does not blow up in my face.

Thanks for the advise.

Top Bottom