It's NOT What I Wanted BUT...

Tony

Staff member
I own another helicopter :yahoo:

After MANY requests to do more videos and having a lack of heli's do do said videos, I purchased the HK450GT Pro Belt version. I didn't want that helicopter, but it was the only one that I could afford at this time. This is the flybar'd heli but I am sure I will go flybarless after a while, or I will pick up the helicopter I want when we get some more money.

but for now, I have a helicopter to setup with my DX8 w00t! Y NOT is back in the heli world once again!

HK450GTPRO.jpg

HK450GTPRO.jpg

Lee

Very nice to hear. I will wait till the end of summer before I buy another heli.

Tony

Staff member
Well that's just it. this is just "a heli" not "another heli" lol. I needed one in the worst way. I can fly planes and not crash them, so I needed something to crash lmao. I will be getting a better heli shortly when I have the money. But this one will do what I need it to do.

I also ordered Solar servos for the cyclic and tail and a 40a esc. I have the gyro and motor at the house already for it. All in all still less than $200 hehe. About $130 actually. Not bad for a helicopter. Now I just need to find another Rx for it... I'm running out of them...

Tony

Staff member
Added a pic to teh first post. That canopy has to go sometime lol. However, once I get my other heli that I actually want, I will more than likely be selling this one. And I will include the setup file for the DX7s and DX8 so setup is simple.

Tony

Staff member
It's sitting in my box. I'm still waiting on banana hobby to get the parts in stock for the helicopter. However, I'm thinking about putting it on this heli, and using this heli for what we talked about. Just have to wait and see.

heli-maniac

It's sitting in my box. I'm still waiting on banana hobby to get the parts in stock for the helicopter. However, I'm thinking about putting it on this heli, and using this heli for what we talked about. Just have to wait and see.
well if ya need any junk erazor parts let me no

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately, I gave that helicopter away that I had lol. I'm not sure if Paul can use them or not... All I know is I want to get this helicopter and get back up in the air again.

heli-maniac

i know how that is i cant wait to try out my hk 450 pro now that its all together
hell i been off all week on vacation an have not got to fly once

Tony

Staff member
Well you better get with it then lol. However I'm sure it will take me a couple weeks to get mine built seeing as everything will need to go on video. But it will get there.

Tony

Staff member
Sam, you need to cut me a killer deal on your 600. That poor thing needs to see some air lol.

murankar

Staff member
At least you'll have a rotary wing back in the air that is bigger than your transmitter. Let us, rc-help; know how those solar servos are. I was looking into them back in January but they were out of stock for the longest time. I was wondering if they are better than the mg90s that I currently have.

Congrats on the purchase, Have fun with it.

Lee

Ehirobo are selling there copters 450 pro V3 FBL for $150 !!! RX ready. Comes with CX 3000fbl unit same as tarot. Electronics are so so, but for that price, what do you expect. It's amazing how technology is advancing and the prices are coming down.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Matt, I can assure you the Solar servos are going to be much better than the mg90s servos. The ones I purchased were digital and the mg90s is analog. Plus the tail servo is rated at .07 seconds at 6v. Should be really good on the helicopter.

- - - Updated - - -

Link me Lee.

murankar

Staff member
Well I am on my way to using savox on the cyclics. So how would I setup a 6v system. I know I need a tx battery, but which one and what else needs done?

Tony

Staff member
Do you mean a Rx battery? The Tx is in your hand and has it's own batteries lol. And to setup a 6v system, you can just use a BEC that will put out 6v and run it off the normal battery for a 450. Anything larger, and you can run it off of a separate 2s pack.

Tony

Staff member
Well I'm not exactly sure. I will be using a motor that I already have (4000kv I think), the 40a esc out of a plane and the 2200 batteries I already have. That is until I can order better electronics. Or a new heli lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Top Bottom