500 Its alive!!!!!! Again :D

Lee

Finally got my 500 back in the air. Tracking perfectly, no vibrations. Feels small and twitchy after the 600.
Carbon tail blades make a big difference to the tail. Could never get the align plastic blades to work well.
Gave it a bit too much for its first flight. During TicTocs, the one way bearing gave up. Lost all power while inverted.
But managed to flip it back to upright and auto'd with no damage.
Found the one way bearing had slipped from its main gear housing. Thread locked it back in, so we'll see how it stands up to the next punishment :D

100_2160.jpg
100_2206.jpg
100_2207.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I would buy a new one way if I were you. Don't want to chance it. Can't wait to see this puppy in action though bro. Would like to compare it to mine. How do you like that sleeve and dampers?

Lee

Very solid feeling now with the damper/sleeve. I also replaced the wash out base as mine had developed some play. Dropped in the Futaba tail servo will be testing it this evening when the temp drops a bit :D

Tony

Staff member
On my next order from hobbyking, I will be ordering the TT for the 500. This sucker spins free now, I can just imagine with the TT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee

Well here it is guys. The reborn 500. Flys like a dream. Only thing i need to change now is the one way bearing. Too much torque and it slips.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Man I have to get a gyro for mine so that I can do that crap lmao. And I told you to replace that hahaha.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
awesome video lee. what gyro is this? seems like heck of a lot stable.. abd waht tail servo is this. I might get these for my 450 too (cause it can fit a 500 size tail servo)..

also lee... i know u have chaos.. How do u think it compares to Align products. Its quite a bit cheaper.. are their super combo deals any good ? like are the servos and gyros worth it. ?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
or less.. exi is 139... but the point is.. it wont be near in the air for that amount. lol.. all the electronics and battery and blades will cost you almost the same amount. .. its actually 300 bucks that you'll need to invest.. lol.. for an OK heli. I bet tony's setup 275 is a save on time and money then too.. i wish i had the money. lol.

P.S: tr.. I like your style.. you got like 4 450's.. are they all flying ? or one died after the other? I love the 450 size... what caused you to have so many??

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
or less.. exi is 139... but the point is.. it wont be near in the air for that amount. lol.. all the electronics and battery and blades will cost you almost the same amount. .. its actually 300 bucks that you'll need to invest.. lol.. for an OK heli. I bet tony's setup 275 is a save on time and money then too.. i wish i had the money. lol.

P.S: tr.. I like your style.. you got like 4 450's.. are they all flying ? or one died after the other? I love the 450 size... what caused you to have so many??

Yes they are all up to par and will fly. One of them gets 'ignored' and that would be the EXI-450. The reason I have so many is I wanted to build them to see what the quality of the parts looked like from my perspective and not someone else. I bought the cheapest first the EXI and found that it was heavy due to the amount of metal. I bought cheap electronics and regretted it. I think I've tried every cheap gyro you can buy and have a drawer full but settled on either the Align gy750 or the gy780. I like the 780 way much better because of the firmware revision and it is a little more stable (in my opinion). My favorite is the Align 450SE, the poor thing has took a bashing and keeps on thrashing. It is 99% align parts and fly's like a dream. It is probably the cheapest one out of all of them because I got it from a guy on fleabay for a $100 without any electronics. So, I bought Align, three ds410M's, a ds420, a BL450M, RCE-BL35X 35A ESC, and a GY780 all off of fleabay for about $200. The Align 450 Pro is the next fav and the only reason it aint the first is I dont want to beat it up, it is 100% Align and really flies better than all of them and the lightest of all of them. All the above is bound to a DX6i with spektrum radios. The HK450Pro has a turnigy receiver and I use a turnigy 9x radio which is in my developement stage, lol, but all the other electronics are align. I even broke down and put Align 425d main blades on all of them except the EXI.

Since I got the CX500 and the mCPX they all get little attention. Latlely I've been on vacation and gone out of state and havent had any time to fly or do the forum. Now I'm BACK.. woo hoo

Top Bottom