450 Issues powering 3gx

Dim

Hello to everyone. Please your efforts, on a strange behaviour of 3gx unit, at the stage of powering on this unit.
Under 3gx manual, I've done all the necessary cables connections, exactly as instructed. In 450 heli, i use rx: R6208SB, tx: t8fg s futaba and esc: phoenix ice 50.
For connecting i use sbus method. Means (as instructed) i use a cable which i connect it to the right lower horizontal pins of 3gx, guiding it and connect it in sbus port of my receiver. I connect all 4 servos as required in 3gx and the power cable of esc, i connect it on the far left vertical pins of the unit. I turn on my tx i give power to heli via 3s lipo battery and what i see is that rx is solid green light (means is binding with tx) esc give 3 bips only, (means just counting the battery s) , and 3gx absolutely nothing not any light on and nothing moves at all (not servo not motor). I measured the esc cable and give 5v power. Then i remove the central red esc cable (no power from esc) i place it back where it was and i connected an sbec hobbywing 50A with 6V output, in battery in port (lower left horizontal pins) of 3gx. Power on and absolutely nothing again. No power in 3gx unit. The only thing i mentioned, is that esc gives a flashing red light which means (under the manual) is reading some error codes. Most probably i need to reprogramming my esc. Do you think that this esc issue has to do with the 3gx powering issues? If under your experience, you ensure me "yes" over there is my problem, then i will buy a new esc because unfortunately i can't find the castle links (with the small electronic board) to connect on pc and reprogramming my esc.
Many thanks in advance and hope to have some solutions from you guys!
Best regards

Tony

Staff member
If your receiver is in bind mode, then you need to bind the Tx to the Rx. The 3GX will not initialize until it sees a low throttle signal.

Dim

If your receiver is in bind mode, then you need to bind the Tx to the Rx. The 3GX will not initialize until it sees a low throttle signal.
Tony thanks for your reply. But did you say that i need to bind tx with rx?
As i say in my post, this is already ok. When i power the heli my receiver got green stable light which means is binding correctly with tx. My issue most probably has to do with my esc which is flashing red (error codes reading). Well, and i ask if i need to purchase a new one because i can't reprogram ice 50 without the links needed.
In any case thank you so much for this critical advise of you, that 3gx needs to read low throttle to initialize.
That's important and i didn't know

Tony

Staff member
My apologies, I misread your post as it was in binding mode. Try powering everything on as normal, and lower your throttle trim or throttle end point down. It may initialize doing that.

Dim

Finally..
I've done it i disconnect all cables and reconnect them and everything now works as it should. Most probably the sbus cable was not properly plugged in rx port. Happy to be able to continue
Tony thanks for your effort. Appreciate it.
But because I'm fairly new to all this, maybe im gona need your help again, to some details during setup procedure.
Be well and happy flights to all of you.
Regards.... Dim

Top Bottom