Quad Is this a good buy? (Racing Quad)

Kingfish3r1

Im a complete noob to multi rotor machines but I do have (a little) experience with 6ch CP helicopters. I found a real cool racing quad for $150 fully assembled and just needs to be bound to a receiver and transmitter. It seems to be a really good one. Ive seen these things go for quite a lot more ($300+) new. I want a more experienced drone enthusiast to take a look at the price and its condition before I dive into this buy. I believe this is a homemade build on a redline CF frame. The seller says It can top out at 50 mph+ which is great for the area I normally fly at.

Please let me know if its a good one!
Thanks
IMG_7166.jpg

IMG_7166.jpg

Stambo

Need more info, is everything new, what motors and ESCs, what flight controller and firmware, is it 4s capable?

Kingfish3r1

Since I am a complete newbie, I asked him the questions Stambo said to.
But here's what I know from his description: Its running on a CC3D Motherboard
It is full CF (including arms) although that pic doesn't look like it.
I do NOT know the motor specs yet, but he said it's really fast.

When he comes up with answers I'll be able to let you guys know.

- - - Updated - - -

Its 4s capable
running on CC3D
20A ESCs
2300 KV motors
Full CF arms and frame

These are the stats I was given
He currently has it running with a 3S battery that he is selling with it

Tony

Staff member
They are going to be emax motors. That is what I'm running, It's crazy fun even on 3S. But you can get that kit cheaper. Let me do some looking.

Admiral

Go the Kit, you will learn a lot more building your own (you may need some forum help though) I have my doubts that it is CF and I see he has drilled large holes in the arms to bring the ESC wires through.
Those arms are going to break at that point in the first major crash.

Tony

Staff member
The kit builds really easy. My video shows EVERYTHING to get it in the air. You have 16 screws with nuts for the arm mounts, 16 for the motors and 16 to hold the frame together. The hardest part is going to be getting the rubber camera mount cushions installed without ripping them. Other than that, it's very easy. And cheaper...

Top Bottom