General Interesting - Direct Drive

bigone5500

OMP hobby M2 V2

I like these helis. I'd like to know if there is any major difference between a geared drive and this direct drive brushless design. It seems the direct drive would need some extreme torque. I don't know though.

BuddyRC has lots of stuff on sale right now too.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I seen Buddy Rc has glacier batteries on sale. It's time for me to re stock my battery collections for my helis and quads :).

bigone5500

I seen Buddy Rc has glacier batteries on sale. It's time for me to re stock my battery collections for my helis and quads :).
I actually just make a post about glacier... check it out.

Geena

Staff member
The advantages of direct drive to me, would be no main gear to strip...that`s always a plus. I got to fly one of these M2s at a helicopter event last month, and it has TONS or torque. I generally despise micro helicopters, because most of them fly like pigs in my opinion. But this one REALLY impressed me. It impressed me to the point, that I`m seriously considering getting one for flying in the back yard.

Rowdy

Those m2s are the bees knees. Anyone that flys would appreciate that machine. It flys larger than it is, easy to repair, and the thing just smacks. If you never liked micro helis give one of these a chance.

bigone5500

Seems maintenance would be greatly reduced in the case of a crash as no gearing is used. That's one of the things I hated about my Blade 270 CFX. You have to disassemble pretty much the whole thing to replace it. Speaking of the 270...still haven't flown it... so sad.

Rowdy

Seems maintenance would be greatly reduced in the case of a crash as no gearing is used. That's one of the things I hated about my Blade 270 CFX. You have to disassemble pretty much the whole thing to replace it. Speaking of the 270...still haven't flown it... so sad.
I recently crashed my omp pretty hard the other day, broke a tail boom and a plastic servo horn. Up and running the same night. I like the fbl unit it comes with because it reminds me of a beastx and very simple to use.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1606874815220.jpg
    FB_IMG_1606874815220.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20201115_110352.jpg
    20201115_110352.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 1

Smoggie

I recently crashed my omp pretty hard the other day, broke a tail boom and a plastic servo horn. Up and running the same night. I like the fbl unit it comes with because it reminds me of a beastx and very simple to use.
I put mi M2 in HARD last week, thgis was my firts crash with an M2. I was just trying something new and I lost it, totally my fault. It went in at full power at high headspeed, I didn't gave time to hit throttle hold or rescue. Luckily it hit where the grass was long and ground was soft and wet. The only damage was one broken servo arm and a small chip on the canopy. The heli comes supplied with some spare arms so with that fitted it was away again.

Smoggie

That's good news! If those helis are DSMX compatible them I may have to get me-self one!

yes, they take a standard DSMX satellite receiver. You need the type with a bind button or you can use a standard receiver to bind the satellite.

Top Bottom