450 Interceptor 400-- A few questions

scotmurie

Hi Guys,

I took delivery of this heli kit part built around 2 weeks ago Helivol.com - Interceptor 400 with Alien Command - The best beginners rc helicopter.

Now its time to set up the electrics and I've been using the video to help me.
Ive not installed the alien command as of yet but a few questions have arisen .

1) I have a RCE-BL35P esc and I wondered when setting it up where the battery protection should kick in.

2) in this heli's manual on page 4 its says that the transmitter must have the ability to set up a mechanical mix on a 90 degree swashplate. The question is what do I set the transmitter to in the swashplate setting 90 or 120 degree ?

3) As I'm a beginner should I install the alien command or not .

The Tx is a specktrum DX6I

Thanks Richard

Tony

Staff member
I have no clue about this heli, but I will give it a shot.

1) the protection should be about 3.4 volts. But you should not let it hit it as it's too low for the battery. I wouldn't go under 3.7 or 3.8 volts per cell.

2) I have no clue, but I'm thinking 90.....

3) not a clue what that is lmao. Hope someone knows more about this heli than I do.

Lee

As Tony said for Voltage.
Its 90degree Swash.
The Alien command is like having stabilizers on a bike. If you lean too far over it will stop you. Sort of like an electronic training gear. It will allow you to get higher in the air before your skills should allow you.Which could be seen as a good or bad thing.
So its up to you whether you use it or not.
Good Luck

scotmurie

Thanks guys,
I think I'll try without the alien command for a start and see what I can break :highly_amused:
Onward and Upward and with any luck no sudden downwards

regards Richard

Top Bottom