General Info Please

Aldwin

I just finished assemblying my new TREX 450 Sports and never flew any heli before. Is the video shown on youtube for set up of CCPM is applicable to my heli coz I have the same radio

Tony

Staff member
Yes, the HK450GT is the same as the Trex 450 heli. I also have an EXI Pro that is a bit different, but the setup is the same in most cases. In the full setup video that is about an hour long, that is a Dynam E-Razor 450, and it's the same, except for the elevator servo is in front, and not in the back. Other than that, the setup is exactly the same. Let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to help you out. If you can, be specific and post pics or a vid of what you are needing help with. That will make it much easier to help with the exact problem.

Aldwin

I decided to buy a smaller heli, a blade mcpx is there anybody can tell me the values I need to put in my dx6i radio...

Tony

Staff member
Ah, you did post up lol. If you would, let me know what your pitch curves are set at. And if you can make a video, fold the blades so they both face one way, and move the stick from low stick to high stick. Make sure your throttle hold is on when you do this.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
The pitch curved can be exactly what is in the manual.. Make sure you set your travel limits for pitch in both positions of throttle stick (high and low) ...
You'll love this heli!!! Amazing amazing bird! :)

Aldwin

I'm planning to install a flymentor in my trex 450, is it a good idea coz I really want to have a stable heli

Tony

Staff member
IMO, I don't like the flymentor cause you are not actually "flying" the heli. It auto corrects and auto stabilizes the helicopter and you never get a true feel for it. When I talk about stability in my videos, and when my heli's can sit in one place for a bit, I have put a lot of time and effort into them to get them setup just right. Once you get a heli setup correctly, it will do what you want it to do.

However, this is your money, and your decision. I don't think it will help much if any because once you take it off, you are going to think that you have an unstable helicopter. But, if this is something that you want to do, give it a shot. Let us know how it all goes if you do.

Aldwin

Can anybody tell me whats wrong with my heli (trex 450), I follow the instructions and procedure shown in the video but when I get out to test it on field my heli just keep on turning counter clockwise when I'm about to lift off but it was very steady before reaching halfway (50%) of my throttle. Help please.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Check your rudder directions. Right on stick makes slider go left and vice versa and the gyro corrections are correct..

Pushing tail right makes gone slider go left, and vice versa..

Then see of you are on head hold on the tx. Switch position on your tx should be on the higher percentage for gyro in spektrum systems.

I am sure it's the gyro.

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like your gyro is reversed. Check and double check every setting and let us know.

Aldwin

I've got a GP780 gyro which comes along with the kit, rudder direction is correct coz when I move the stick to the right slider goes to the left pushing the tail also to the right makes the slider goes to the left. Is there any other things I need to do to make this bird fly. Thanks...

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
The correction direction is different than the rudder movement direction. The slider might be reacting right way on moving tx stick, but gyro correction must be reversed. Reverse that and you will fix it.

That reversal is done on the gyro itself.

Aldwin

I reverse the gyro and it seems that my heli is not turning counter clockwise anymore when I test it in my room, gonna find a field to test flight this bird coz they are bit strict here in Abu Dhabi UAE. Thanks for the info...

Top Bottom