Spektrum Info about transmitters

Hi Guys,
I am looking too start buying stuff to get into RC Helicopters I am after a transmitter but am totally confused.
I thought I would ask for some help from you guys.

What would be a good transmitter to start with I am looking to build a TREX align 450 or a Blade 450 and had thought about DX6i
or the Orange RX, the guy at my local shop said not to touch the orange. ??

What about the Futaba are they good and value for money.I am 59 years old just getting into this and dont expect to be doing
a lot of upgrading once I get the 450, I also want to get a sim programme that I can use with the transmitter so any info
greatly appreciated.
I am living in England so everything is really expensive, so money is a concern.
Thanks
John

murankar

Staff member
There is a dx6i for sale In the sale section. that will be the best radio and price to get started.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Dx6i is great starter..

Dx7s is great to have

Dx8 is the talk of town with telemetry and all

Depends on your cash flow.. Wanna get one and not have to replace for few years.. Then get something big like dx8.. Or like I have a jr 9503.. Which does dsm2 and dsmx along with jr's own..

Futuba is a beautiful radio but I don't think they do SPEKTRUM spectrum/technology. That limits your birds to what you can buy rx for.. Bnf stuff is out the door ..

JR is awesome .. Just beautiful radio.. Trusted .. Is dsmx too.. But jR and horizon didn't get along and SPEKTRUM is horizon's now so JR is now going to DMSS.. Which again takes you away from bnf birds that blade makes. So you'll have to look for radios hat have a dsm compatibility

Anyway.. All that to say.. I would recommend staying with radios which are compatible with or do dsm2 and dsmx.. :)

Let us know how else we can make it s bit harder to decide :p heehee JK!!!! :) :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom