Prop in the interest of scale...

JEXFIRE

want to put an 11in, 4 blade prop from hobby lobbly on my pkz p-47. what will i have to change in order to make everything work? lower kv motor AND speed control or just motor? the plane comes with a 15 size motor (about 960 kv i believe) and a 30 amp speed control. the 4 blader would look so much better the the stock 2 blade prop. lemme know what ya guys think. thanks!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You would have to put a 4 blade prop that would match the size of the prop you have on there now. You would however lose quite a bit of performance of the plane by doing so. The 2 blade prop will give you mutch better preformance. Than a 4 blade!

Tony

Staff member
A 4 blade prop is a lot less efficient than a 2 blade prop, but I agree that it looks much better, and sounds better as well. Remember, you have 4 blades grabbing the air now, so you can go down on your pitch. But I would only go down about an inch on the pitch. That should keep you from having to get a more powerful motor. Check it with a watt meter if you have one, or land it after a couple minutes and check the temp of everything.

Top Bottom