Chargers IMAX B6-AC Charger/Discharger Any Reviews/Comments?

Bruno

Tired of having isues with small cheap $15 chargers.
2 3 Cells Li Po 7 4V 11 1v RC Battery Balance Charger | eBay

I have been using three seperate individual chargers and checking volttage with a cell checker.
3 in 1 RC 2S 6S LCD Li Po Battery Balancer Voltage Meter Tester Discharger | eBay

They are both unreliable. The chargers in particular do not always charge.

I charge my batteries in my home and fly in my yard. I am not interested with a filed charger unit.

I would like to charge more than one 3S battery at a time.

I would also like to use the charger with my adapter for my 1S MCPX batteries.
Blade MCPX Charging Cable for 3 Batteries Requires 3S Balance Charger MCP X | eBay

I am considering the IMAX B6-AC
IMAX B6-AC Charger/Discharger 1-6 Cells (GENUINE)

Anyone know how fast this charger, charges?

Any comments are appreciaited.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
For some reason (pretty sure it's my internet) I can't pull up that charger. But I'm almost 100% positive that charger is just like my SkyCharger B6AC that I use. If so, you have a 50w limit on what you can charge. This means that you can charge 2 2200mah 3s batteries, but only at just less than a 1C rate, or about 2 amps. anything bigger, adn you will not be able to charge at a 1C rate. Really what you need is a good 200-500 watt charger with a power supply to match. That one will charge multiple 6s batteries. We will be doing some videos on this subject, but it's going to be a bit before we can get them done. I know Gaba is already working on the power supplies (24vDC, 2*12vDC wired in series) to power a charger like this.

Graham Lawrie

For some reason (pretty sure it's my internet) I can't pull up that charger. But I'm almost 100% positive that charger is just like my SkyCharger B6AC that I use. If so, you have a 50w limit on what you can charge. This means that you can charge 2 2200mah 3s batteries, but only at just less than a 1C rate, or about 2 amps. anything bigger, adn you will not be able to charge at a 1C rate. Really what you need is a good 200-500 watt charger with a power supply to match. That one will charge multiple 6s batteries. We will be doing some videos on this subject, but it's going to be a bit before we can get them done. I know Gaba is already working on the power supplies (24vDC, 2*12vDC wired in series) to power a charger like this.

Hi Tony, I have this charger, and i think it is the same as Skycharger. I have picked up on your comment about the 50w limit. Does this mean it is no use for charging my 4500mah for my 600? I have been using this charger for the batteries for my 450.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I have a iMax B8 charger. Same thing cept it starts at 2-8 cells. Works great. I charge my 6s 5000's for my 600 with it. You do need a pretty hefty power supply though!

Tony

Staff member
As Lee stated, you can charge your battery, but with the limitations of the charger, I will bet it will take 2+ hours to charge a single battery of that size.

Top Bottom