Chargers Im looking to buy a new charger

Walt

Anything that I buy should be better then what Im using now. Its the charger that came with my blade SR. I need to charge the batterys for my 450 pro. They are turnigy 3 cell 2200 mah 20-30c. I would like a charger that can charge up to a 6 cell battery just in case I might possibly buy a larger heli ok when I buy a larger heli. Anyway I was looking at this one.

Thunder 1220 Professional Multifunction Lipo/Lilo/LiFe NiCd 300W Balance ChargerThunder 1220 Professional Multifunction Lipo/Lilo/LiFe NiCd 300W Balance Charger

Anybody have this charger?

murankar

Staff member
Look at the icharger 206 or 306b. Both are great chargers and I think the 206 is a 300 watt charger charging up to 20 amps at 6s. Power Labs makes a great charger too But you need something like the.power lab 6 to get anything really useful if I recall.

Since you are ready for this investment get the best one you can afford. Buy right buy it once.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

danhampson

The icharger 206b is a great charger I got one last month and matching power supply I've gone from a 50w ac charger that took about an hour to charge a single 3300mah 6s the icharger will parallel balance charge 4 2650mah 6s in about 40 mins.
Having the external power supply makes a massive difference to the amperage you can chart at.

Lee

I have the Icharger 308 Duo
Awesome bit of kit. I can charge what ever I want, as fast as they can be charged.
And because it has two ports, I can charge multiple batteries of different cell counts.
It also has a Servo tester. Which gets you the centre point of the servo before you put it in a model.
Also has a cycle menu to put the servos through there paces to make sure they are working well.
Also tests speed and pulse width to see if it matches the specs of the servo.

You will need a Power supply like Slobberdog said for most chargers over 50W power.

Walt

Thanks for all the info.The icharger 206b is in the range of price that I want to spend 124.99 at A Main Hobbies. Im going to use a car battery if that works. Or maybe use my battery charger for the car it can charge at 15a-50a up to 250a. What makes the icharger 206 better then the Thunder 1220 Professional Multifunction Lipo/Lilo/LiFe NiCd/MH ... ?

- - - Updated - - -

Dont know why I cant paste shortcuts

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.hobbypartz.com/75p-1220-charger.html&sa=U&ei=9G5rU-PyJMiHyATjz4CoBg&ved=0CBsQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNGt-FF5fNR5-H6nYSGJw-TyM9pYCw

pvolcko

And I do not think you can use a car battery charger as a power supply. Those actually "push" current into the device connected to them. You will fry the RC battery charger if you try it.

Derek

I have the Thunder Power TP610c charger:

TP610C-ACDC

I've had it for 2 years now and it's done everything that I want it to do. It's certainly not the best but I like it so much, I'm planning on getting another one to help my charging needs.

Walt

Derek how long does it take to charge the batterys for your 450 pro with the Thunder Power TP610c charger ? I dont need a super fast charger and I think I am leaning towards a charger that can be pluged into the wall. Right now im using the charger that came with my blade sr. 3-Cell LiPo Balancing Charger, 0.8A by E-flite (EFLC3105)

murankar

Staff member
If you look at progressiverc.com they have a 300 watt power source and 206b combo deal. When you order from progressive rc you get outstanding customer service should you need it. What makes iCharger better, the quality of manufacturing and Quality Assurance. Most pro pilots use only a small handful of brands which include, but not limited to; HiTech, iCharger, Power Labs and maybe one or two that I didn't mention.

Just for S&Gs take a look at this product: ProgressiveRC - "The Neutrino Ticket" 350W Combo

Junsi and Power Labs are probably the most popular right now and with the chargers like the 4010 Duo and Power lab 8x2.

Walt

Update! Just ordered the icharger 206b from ProgressiveRC and found a ProgressiveRC 33 amp 15v 500w power supply NIB on ebay for 70.00 with shipping.
Can not wait till they get here!

murankar

Staff member
Good deal man. Now hopefully progressive will honor the power supply. As for the charger if you have any issues with it they will help in any way.

Enjoy the new rig.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Congrats on the purchase. If you want to sell that PSU and build your own, we have instructions on here to do just that. 575w of power! I'm running two of them on my 306b and they do great.

You will like that 206! And yes, you can connect them to a car battery. And, they even have a "regenerative discharge" feature that will put power back into your car battery if you don't use all of your batteries. Awesome setup!

Top Bottom