I'm Getting Caught Up... I Think

Tony

Staff member
Wow, I slack on reading post for one week, and I have to sit here for hours reading and replying just to catch up. And you guys tell me to take off a couple weeks and do nothing lmao. Yeah, I would have a heart attack when I came back hahaha.

I'm not sure what went on, but something has made this forum faster and stopped the double posting. I'm thinking it has something to do with the email system, as odd as that sounds. When you reply to a thread, you can set it so that when someone else replies to it, it will send you an email. I'm thinking it was that email being sent out to a LOT of people that was causing the server to basically say F-IT!!! I'M NOT DOING IT!!! lol. We did make some changes on the server and how the mail is queued and it has seemed to help. At least, that is the ONLY thing that has changed on the server anyway.

Who cares honestly. I was killing myself for hours EVERY NIGHT trying to locate this issue. As much as I LOVE XF, it just needs more functionality. And in all honesty, if I can get that functionality, this forum will move to that. It's still faster than this one. But it would mean me sitting here for hours or days setting it up again. And lets face it, I need a break for "fixing" and need to start "creating" again.

Because of a few members bugging the hell out of me (not really, I think they should have bugged me more lol), I came home from work yesterday and at 1700 I started on the Bipe that Derek designed. He sent me two pictures, and I took those and turned them into PDF plans. I completed the plans at about 2230 last night. Just for clarification, my bed time is 2030. So yeah, I'm tired as hell today, but the plans are done. Well, the hard part is. And they look pretty good. I do have some plans to do another Bipe that will be All RCH, but that will have to wait until later. It's my favorite Bipe, and that is why I want it. And yes, this one will stay up. When will you guys see it? Well, bug the ever loving hell out of Derek and tell him to allow me to upload the file for you guys to check out lmao. It's up to him.

So what happens now... Well, my garden is growing, my Harley and my cars are fine. My house is clean... I do need to run more wires, but that can wait. So I"m going to head out to the garage, push out the friggin ford that is in there and drive out the Camaro :)chuckles:), hang my banner and get some videos done that I have promised over the last few months. I know, it's been a long time and I'm sure you all thought I forgot about them, but I have not. I'm going to get some videos shot and get them uploaded to help out a lot of members. Once I'm done with those, who knows, maybe I will start on some other videos that I have planned.

So it feels good to get caught up on some other stuff, it feels good that this forum is running like it should (mostly) and it feels good knowing I can proceed with some plans that I have had for quite a while now.

Damn how I just want to hop on the Harley and ride.... But, you can't carry foamboard on a Harley...

Graham Lawrie

I noticed this afternoon that the forum was faster. I thought you were working on it? And that was why it got faster:)

Tony

Staff member
Nope, All I was doing today was reading and replying to posts lol. 5 pages worth of posts. And at 25 threads per page, and some threads having 3+ pages of new posts, it took FOREVER lol. But, I'm caught up now...

Just cleaned out the garage. Found a HUGE oil stain on the ground where I hang my banner. Needless to say, I'm going to have to clean out the other side and hang the banner over there. That sucks, but yeah, gotta do it. Have to get the videos going.

I am thinking about heading up to the race track and buying a transponder for my Losi... Since I'm off on Saturdays... Want to ride the bike, but still have to pick up foamboard.. That sucks... lol

Top Bottom