I'm a new member, too!@@

kelleysislander

Howdy All,

I just joined a few weeks ago and I completely bypassed this thread until now. Anyways, here goes:

I've been flying RC helis for a couple of years now but it was mostly the FP kind, like Walkera et at. It wasn't unit March of 2012 that I actually started on the larger CP helis like the 450 class. I crashed a lot until I got my sim; after that I just crashed less but built skills very fast, but I was still very fond of saying that "I can build 'em better than I can fly 'em". I suspect that will ALWAYS be the case no matter how "good" I get.

Like many in this hobby I have way too many helis. Currently I have 4 - 250 class, 4 - 450 class, a 500 and a 600N, and I am just learning backwards flight on the sim. When I try for real it will be with a 450 since they are the least expensive to fix back up again. I did start a thread: http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.php/6057-Trex-450-Pro-3GX-HV-Servos-build and it eventually got into servos for 450's and it has some pretty interesting things to say about what I feel is the absolute BEST 450 class FBL servo for the money, so go visit if you are interested in finding out what servo that might be.

Anyways, gotta go...

Cheers,

Bill

BOKI

welcome to the site sounds like you are doing Ok I think everyone at one time or another crashes! I have a a 450 also & haven't flew it good yet! The Best !

Lee

Welcome Bill,
Glad to have you here. With all those builds, your knowledge will come in handy to newer flyers. Lets see some picture of your birds.

Top Bottom