FBL Gyro Ikon2 Setup Issue

I'm on screen 5 where you set your endpoints. All are set at 100% in the software (DX9 says different of course) except my pitch. With the stick maxed out it reads 72% in the software, the TX under Servo Travel indicates 150 and I can't go any higher. What the heck is going on?

heli-maniac

Easy fix . start over on the setup follow each step . read and understand all the info on the left side of each step
Do not skip around steps .
most likely end points on tx page are not set right

It says to set the dual rates and expo to 0 but when you do that the servos do not move

- - - Updated - - -

It says to set the dual rates and expo to 0 but when you do that the servos do not move

Damn, I've been working on settings this up for about 5 hours which is way to long, mainly because it's a learning curve for me.

I have a new issue, when on step 7 in the software no matter how I reverse the servos the transmitter acts like it's in Mode 1. When I go full pitch, it changes the elevator, when I move the elevator stick, it goes full or negative pitch.

I made sure the servos were connected directly and it's probably an easy fix but I'm stumped.

- - - Updated - - -

I figured it out, I had to reverse the settings in the TX!

Derek

hey PLANETGETLOW...if it helps make you feel any better, it took me an entire weekend to get my Ikon to work properly when I first got it. I just didn't understand what I was doing, to be honest. Now, I could probably go through the set up in about an hour, or less, pretty confidently.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

That does make me feel better because im on day 2, BUT im almost done.

When i fly i use the little toggle switch in the upp right corner (switch B)

But when i was setting up the auto level/safe mode/flight style screen used a different switch. What switch do i use to fly? Why are 2 of them assigned?

Tony

Staff member
Once you do it a few times, you will breeze right through it. I as well wasn't that fluent in setting them up the first time. As well as the BX, 3GX, and so on. Just takes a little time and is what (IMO) makes this hobby a lot of fun.

That does make me feel better because im on day 2, BUT im almost done.

When i fly i use the little toggle switch in the upp right corner (switch B)

But when i was setting up the auto level/safe mode/flight style screen used a different switch. What switch do i use to fly? Why are 2 of them assigned?

??????

trainrider06

You maybe be setting up bank switching as to the different switches, bank switching allows different setup's like a stability mode sport and 3 D or however you choose, the other switch would be your bailout initiator switch...

Okay, so I've spent 2 hours trying to get this heli off of the ground. I've noticed that in spool up the tail wants to spin cc like crazy. BUT I've also noticed that when I move the rudder stick to the left, it comes back center, when I move it right, it stays in that position when I let off of the stick. It doesn't bounce back to center.

I pulled the ball link off and check the linkages. They are free and not binding on the tail? Servo issue? On a brand new setup?

I can also hear an oscillation of the servo after I power everything up, it sounds like a rocking noise like the gears are moving, however the servo isn't? Just a sensor maybe?

Tony

Staff member
Can you post a video of what you are explaining? It will help us out in determining your issue.

Smoggie

Spinning when you spool up almost always means that you have tail gyro response reversed.

I have a REALLY bad wobble. Almost like the main shaft is bent, how is that possible with a new kit?

Starts wobbling so bad that the tail just spins out of control. Not even possible to get it into a hover

Tony

Staff member
I would really like to see a video of what is going on. We can speculate all day long, but I know you want to get it in the air lol.

Smoggie

+1 on Tony's request for a video. There are so many potential things it could theoretically be that without a video it's just a crap shoot. Some close up photos and a video of the the swash and tail movement would be good too.
End of the day the quality of the help you get is only as good as the quality of the information you give us.

FWIW a bent main shaft on a new kit would be a looong way down the list of possibilities.

Okay, I had to take a break from it and step off. I'm going to check every nut and setup on the head and tail. Something is just not right.

The Main Shaft IS bent. When I spool it up, then let off the throttle and watch it, the center of the hub is clearly wobbling or moving a couple mm.

Otherwise it looks like this when I try to really spool it up except the tail will progressively get faster and eventually uncontrollable.

T-rex 450L Dominator wobble - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
Is that your video? If so, your tail gain is too high. If it's not your video, then there is still no way we can help.

No, it's not my video but it does exactly that. Hold on I'll see if my son will record it for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go;

Can you hear the servo in the beginning, is that normal?

Helicopter video - YouTube

I'm fighting the tail to keep it behind the nose, finally once it spools up it spins.

Also, I don't think you can see the wobble since it was so bright out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom