FBL Gyro iKon2 Servo Adjust Screen

Jimbo

In the RC Help video, it was not clear, to me, on what you actually do here. When you hit the + or - key the servo horn moves. Do you use this feature to level the swash??

It also said ha the arms "must be 90 degrees to the swash". On the Trex 250, the aileron and pitch servos are mounted on an angle, so should the horn 90 degrees to the swash (not centered with the top of the servo) or centered on the servo????

I set the servo push rods at the length stated in the instructions, but the elevator was too short and the aileron/pitch too long. How high on the main shaft should the swash be?

Jim

Tony

Staff member
Yes, the + and - buttons are to center the arms and get the arms 90º to the links. If I said swash, I apologize. They should be parallel with the swash. The reason for them being like this is so that you have equal throw up and down. And the swash should be about in the middle of the shaft. If this has equal length arms from the servo to the swash, just set them all up equally, get your servo arms 90º to the links and see what your full positive and negative pitch is. Make sure to set 0º at mid stick before doing the full pitch though. If the positive pitch number is higher, then your swash is too high. If the negative pitch number is larger, then your swash is too low. Adjust with teh 3 linkage rods only. Hope this helps.

Jimbo

To be sure I understand this. Two of my servos mount in the frame on a slight angle and are NOT level.

1) Do I center the servo, put the arm on so it is in line with the servo and then adjust to 90 degrees using the iKon 2 software.

OR

2) Center the servo, put the arm on close to 90 degrees and fine tune with the software?

Jim

Tony

Staff member
2. is the one you need to do. That way you don't try and adjust it more than it really needs to be adjusted. If you align it with the body of hte servo, and then try to align it to the link, you will have way more adjustment in it and it could reduce one of your travel directions. Hope that makes sense.

Jimbo

Yes , I got it.

On the screen for swash set up it has "pitch" and "cyclic". If I click + it jumps to 20 and will not come back down using -.

What am I doing here?

Jim

Tony

Staff member
Now you have me lost, I'm not sure of a setting that jumps to 20 but won't come back down. Can you take a screen shot of it for me?

Jimbo

It gets better Tony. If I push the cyclic forward, the elevator goes up, but the screen says it is going backwards. For a minute the cyclic was on the throttle stick, then it moved back to the cyclic. In one screen the swash moves very fast and when I go to another screen it takes forever to center. In the last screen, when I tip the helicopter to the right, the swash goes to the right too. Same to the left.

I followed all the steps, so I have no clue.

Jim

Tony

Staff member
There is a menu in the Ikon setup software where you basically click through to find your swash settings. There is a diagram of the swash layout with servo 1 2 and 3 and no matter the movement, this is how you plug in those servos. Once that is done, move your throttle up and down to check collective. All you want is for the 3 servos to move together, even if they are reversed. Once you have them moving together, that is when you will go into the Swash menu and take your positive numbers to negatives to reverse teh direction. Aileron and elevator in that menu are self explanatory, but Pitch is your collective. So if you move your throttle up and the swash goes down, you will take Pitch from +60 to -60 and that will reverse the collective. Same for aileron and elevator as well.

Jimbo

OK, I did some servo reversing in the TX and now all the servos are working in the correct direction, but the elevator and aileron slider say they are backwards. Should I just live with that?

Jim

Tony

Staff member
You shouldn't do anything in the reversing menu of the Tx, only in the swash menu. And what elevator and aileron slider? I think I need to install ikon on my computer. My computer that has this program is out in my studio, and I only use that place for storage now apparently. lol. But I do need to do the setup on the 380 so will do a video when I do.

Jimbo

OK, I'll put it all back the way it was and wait for the video. BTW the new IKON setup program is not the same as the one you used in the first video.

Jim

Tony

Staff member
Yea, they have had a lot of updates since I shot that original video. It's a little outdated now. But I will get a new video up soon. Just waiting on the package from Geena so I can get the satellite Rx's for this bird. Then, I will power it up on a live stream and center all of the servos and get everything working in the correct direction. Hopefully you are subscribed to our channel on youtube and if so, there should be a little bell next to the subscribe button. Click on that and choose receive notifications and it will let you know when we go live.

Jimbo

Will do Tony. I have just gone through this twice and the cyclic is still reversed, unless I use the TX. In the last screen the swash moves opposite to leveling the helicopter. I am completely lost.

Jim

Tony

Staff member
Do you have the ability to use google hangouts? I dont' want you to have to wait for the live stream which is at least a couple days away. If you have a webcam and some time, we can connect on there and I will walk you through setting it up.

Jimbo

That is a very kind offer indeed Tony, but alas, I am not that advanced in my PC setup :)

Giving it "one more for the gipper", I reversed the elevator in the TX and now the sliders in the computer setup screen all move in the proper direction and the swash compensates correctly in the last screen. I also have the tail set on the "D" switch for hold and rate

1) How do I set up three flight modes?

2) In the servo screen it wants 10 degrees for pitch and 12 degrees for cyclic. It is ni %, so that are the correct numbers?

3) If I have "self level" in Rescue 1 and beginner in Flight 1 and "self level in Rescue 2 and Sport in Flight 2, will I have "self level" in both?

Jim

Tony

Staff member
1) you will need to set a switch on Aux 2 I believe for the flight modes. Forgive me, I forget what Tx you are using but you will need at least a 7ch Tx to do this. With you saying Switch D, you have one of the newer spektrums, I do know that lol. And I think you had said you have a DX9 but again, horrible memory and still in a little pain from being sick.

2) you will need to use a digital pitch gauge to figure out the pitch. Because of different servo's, servo arms and hole positions, the number is never the same from one to another.

3) if you check the self level or rescue in any of them, you will have that feature when you select that profile. I honestly would only use it in one profile if you are wanting self level or rescue. Just remember, with the new firmware they have come out with, rescue is going to not only self right the helicopter, but it's also going to add collective to punch out to about 50' up. I have never used it so I have no idea if you can tune this out. But I will soon though. Hopefully lol.

Jimbo

Had a short maiden, then a crash. What does it mean when it jumps up and down? Not tail wag, but jumping up and down in the air.

Jim

Top Bottom