FBL Gyro Ikon2 Mini 1st Time Setup Suggestions

Brick

I am putting a Ikon 2 mini on my Blade Fusion 270. I have had too many problems with the stock fbl unit (ar636). I have never setup a fbl unit other than the Blade stuff. I have went over the ikon setup in DEMO mode quite a few times to get the feel. doesn't look too intimidating. I am only Sport flying right now, but I like to fly pretty fast. are there some particular setup sections that I can concentrate on for Sport type flying ?

I have two Blade 230s Helis that I can fly really well. I want to move up to something a little more aggressive. But the stock fbl in the Fusion 270 is really holding me back.

any tips on the mini is Very Much appreciated !

Brick

Tony

Staff member
The setup of the mini will be the same as with the larger units. And I just so happen to have some videos on this subject. Most of them are with the original version and not 2, but the setup is pretty much exactly the same. Below is 10 videos on setting up the ikon.

As for settings for basic flying with some fast forward flight, that will be done in the different banks. There are 4 presets and if you are just starting out, I would stick to the first three.

Brick

Tony, have watched those videos and taken many notes. the videos brought me to the Forums here ! the different banks setup as you mentioned is what I was thinking myself. Awesome , I'm excited to learn this

Tony

Staff member
The Ikon gyro is quite easy to setup. The first time I did it, I over thunk it (real word, I swear lol) and it took quite a long time. The second time, I think I set the helicopter up in about 30 minutes from start to finish. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Brick

when I setup the bank section on the Ikon. do I still need to setup throttle curve & pitch separately in my DX9 ? or do I leave the DX9 as linear ? or can I adjust DX9 to my flying ?

Tony

Staff member
I set up throttle and pitch curves in my Tx (you must do this) to what I like to fly. In my case, pitch is always linear and throttle is always a flat line.

Tony

Staff member
No problem. If there is anything else I can help with, just post up, I'm happy to help.

Top Bottom