FBL Gyro ikon using a T1000 problems

bbj

Is there a way to use the T1000 telemetry module with the ikon. I don't know where to plug the t1000 into the ikon so I can bind either it or both together. Is there a way to do binding of both at the same time? It would seem there is no power from the ikon bind port to power the T1000 thus my hookup to the ikon is not the same as with a 3gx. How can I use both the ikon and T1000 at the same time? I want to use the T1000 to check my pack voltage during start up and while in flight.

Tony

Staff member
This is a great question that I will need an answer to as well. What I have some time, if there is not an answer, I will do some digging.

bbj

I did an experiment hooking my TM1000 to the ikon. I put the plug onto one of the ikons open ports but not on the bind port since that port has no power. On another forum I found some comments that I could use any available ports for my power to the TM1000. Also some suggested that the orange wire needed to be cut and capped since this is the signal wire, or I might loose my bind and that the TM1000 expects packet loss data on that wire from a Spektrum receiver which the iKon doesn't deliver. This is the quote "Remove the data wire of the plug that connects the TM1100 with the iKon. The TM1100 expects packet loss data on that wire from a Spektrum receiver which the iKon doesn't deliver." I decided at this time to not cut this orange wire because others have not cut it and still have a bind. Since I am only using the TM1000 for voltage of the battery and not planning on using it for rpm or heat sensing I don't think the orange wire being connected will be an issue. The only feature you lose is feedback on antenna reception fades holds and losses. What I understand is you can get these if using a receiver along with the ikon but decided to not go that route.

Below are some pics I found which show how to hook up rpm to the TM1000 and also use the gov port on the ikon using the Hobbywing sensor. Not sure if I will try this or not and there may be other ways to hook up both. At this time I get low voltage feedback to my TX with just a standard 3 wire from my ikon to the Tm1000.

Hope this helps.

HW+Gov.jpg
HW+Gov+3.jpg
HW+Gov+4.jpg
HW+Gov+2.jpg
HW+Gov+5.jpg
HW+Gov+6.jpg

Top Bottom