Servos Ikon setup

Hoping for any insight on a couple issues im having with the ikon...in the menu selection to set endpoints..im unable to get 100- 100+ on all of my channels..and the rudder nose left..i cant even get to 50...thats even with me adjusting max endpoint in my TX. Another issue...when in swash setup ..getting horns to 90° .....i get no movement of from any servo...but the software is seeing my stick inputs...and if i disconnect from pc ...plug in power to heli and turn on tx....it initializes and i have control of all servos as i should. Thanku in advance for ny suggestions

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Sorry for a delayed response, a few questions, one, what radio system? Also is it a new setup or something that has been flying? And then, are you using a standard receiver or two satellites? What size helicopter?
T

RandyDSok

Which servos you have also play a role... typical servo's will travel about 180° but some can travel 360° ... Servo's will also have a certain amount of strength which could come into play.

Sorry for a delayed response, a few questions, one, what radio system? Also is it a new setup or something that has been flying? And then, are you using a standard receiver or two satellites? What size helicopter?
T
Hello..sorry im just seeing ur reply...ive had a heck of a time with this thing..i got some issues solved...nut now i cant figure out why in the software..when in the servo setup menu..every channel shows reversed..elev forward..software shows back..so on so forth for all channels...but on the heli..all movements correspond correctly on my swash..aile..pitch... elev..all go the correct way ..will that mess summin up in the unit?..confuse it ?

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
??, Are you sure all the servos are plugged in to the correct port on the unit? Did you follow the picture of the swash plate That will tell you where to plug everything in? The software should match the movement of the swash

Last edited:
Like i mentioned..the swash is going the correct directions in corrlation with my stick inputs..but in the software..its showing evry channel is backwards..i do however have my pit channel reversed in my tx..

RandyDSok

Like i mentioned..the swash is going the correct directions in corrlation with my stick inputs..but in the software..its showing evry channel is backwards..i do however have my pit channel reversed in my tx..

You were asked twice for more info about what radio equipment and servos you are using... and you ignored that critical bit of info still. The questions were not asked out of curiosity... they are required in order to assist you further IF you are interested in actually getting help.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
If the movements and the software don't match it has to be something missed in the configuration in the earlier steps.

But what else is there i could have missed besides the mounting orientation?..i made sure "top up wires front" was selected..thats how i got it on ..and triple checked all my servos are plugged in right..

I hafta say...im not a fan at all of this ikon..not one bit..my lil 450 has the bx on it..and its solid...and from plug in to spool up..i can set it up in less than 30 minutes..and all i need is my tx..i read how evryone raved about how easy the ikon was to setup...hell you cant do squat with it without a computer!!...i fought with the software for 45 minutes trying to get it goin...this ikon is overrrrrated! ... Can set up my BX in less than a half hour... And from what I've seen the flight characteristics aren't any different between the two

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well all these controllers are personal preference. People like the iKON for the bank switching and the free rescue. You need a 7210 or a microbeast for that and it's not free its 100 euro. Everyone will have different opinions. The iKON/Brian really is easy after you do it a few times. Why don't you start from the beginning again. Create a new model and use the wizard in the software for starters. Read each screen instructions to the left and follow it though. The nice thing is you can tune it to feel just like the microbeast if you like. Or sell it. But they don't make the AR7210 any more so it's the 6250 or the beastX

Well all these controllers are personal preference. People like the iKON for the bank switching and the free rescue. You need a 7210 or a microbeast for that and it's not free its 100 euro. Everyone will have different opinions. The iKON/Brian really is easy after you do it a few times. Why don't you start from the beginning again. Create a new model and use the wizard in the software for starters. Read each screen instructions to the left and follow it though. The nice thing is you can tune it to feel just like the microbeast if you like. Or sell it. But they don't make the AR7210 any more so it's the 6250 or the beastX
Ive went back twice..created new model..started over..i mean ..ill try again..see if theres sumthn i missed...but im pretty dang sure did it like it said...i also watched weshobbies RC utube vids on it...as well as amain hobbies vids on it..

T
I applogize..i didn see this reply mr fran..no..its not a new heli..i bought it used..it was flown previously with a dx8..but i have the old dx6i..got it bound to the fbl unit ..no issue there...and it has stock align servos..ds610's i belive around the horn and a 620 for the hind end..im running 2 dsmx satts as well

Top Bottom