FBL Gyro Ikon setup without sats?

I just got my ikon in but no sats, ill go tomorrow and get them but can setup be done witnout them?

I have a bluetooth module, will that make a difference?

Tony

Staff member
You need the sats. you have no way to adjust end points on the tail, check pitch or any other setting that needs Tx input.

Tony

Staff member
2 is safest, but on a 450, you can get away with just one. Just make sure it's not being shielded by any electronics or carbon fiber. Keep it away from the battery, motor and ESC.

Since im mounting the Ikon on the side of the frame, I should be okay with 1, mounting it on the upper gyro platform (on the top were most get mounted)?

I went out and bought 1 DSMX sat, connected the battery to the esc, it sparks upon connection but I noticed sometimes that happens on other helis.

As of now, I cannot get this thing to bind to my DX9

any suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Just rewatched your video and it worked!! I've probably watched that video 10 times...........very nice to have

trainrider06

Are you talking on the 450L about sparks? Mine does that with the deans connectors, I've noticed it with my ec5 connectors too on my 500. Normal stuff I reckon.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, that is normal. The spark is the battery instantly charging the capacitors on the ESC. completely normal, just check over the plugs once in a while for carbon tracking that can cause connection issues.

Are you talking on the 450L about sparks? Mine does that with the deans connectors, I've noticed it with my ec5 connectors too on my 500. Normal stuff I reckon.

Yea, I get those on the ec5 connectors.

I'm on step 9 regarding gyro mounting orientation, mine is mounted on the bottom right, wires to the back and there isn't an option for that. All of the servos move in the correct direction but does this mean I have to relocate it to the left side? WTF

- - - Updated - - -

I'm on step 9 regarding gyro mounting orientation, mine is mounted on the bottom right, wires to the back and there isn't an option for that. All of the servos move in the correct direction but does this mean I have to relocate it to the left side? WTF

I chose bottom left, wires back on that screen and continued through the wizard. All orientations work like they should. I hope this will work. Rerouting all of the wires and relocating it will be a royal pain in the ass.

Tony

Staff member
Post a picture of the way you have it. I think they have it mispronounced in the setup program and you want what they are calling Bottom Left, Wires Down. This image shows it on the right side of the frame with the wires facing the rear. But post a picture of exactly how you have it mounted and I can help you further. But for now, here is a picture of the setup screen. The one that I"m lookign at is the second down, second from the left.

Untitled1.png

Untitled1.png

Tony

Staff member
Yup, that would be bottom left, Wires Rear. They just don't have it named correctly for some reason.

Top Bottom