General iKON Setup Question

NordCelt

I'm installing the iKON IKN1002 on my 180 CFX. I can't find info on the update rate of the servo's that the install program asks me to set. The three cyclic servos are Spektrum Nanolite High Speed (SPMSH2060) and the tail servo is an E-Flight 7.6g Sub Micro Digital (EFLRDS76TJ). Anyone know where to find spec's on servos at or a good safe number to try?

What do you do when you are installing a receiver and can't find the servo update rate? Will accepting the default settings work? If you set too high or too low of a number can it damage the servo or the receiver.

Tony

Staff member
You can try the default. Just keep an eye on the temp of the servos. They will tell you if they are not happy. And remember the hz won't hurt the servo if they are too low. Only too high. But the centering will. Most servos are 1520.

NordCelt

How do you watch the servo temps, IR temp sensor gun? What temps do you want to stay under? Also, how do you know a servos not happy: stutter, noise...

Sorry for all the questions but I'm still on the steep slope of the learning curve trying to cram as much knowledge in as quickly as I can.

NordCelt

A word of caution. I followed the instructions of the video and cooked my tail servo. After new tail servo arrives I'm going to go through the setup and choose the defaults again. Had everything working that way and should have at least test flown before deciding I needed to try further tweeking. At least now I know what a servo that is too hot feels like. Problem is cooking is rather instantainious.

NordCelt

I found a spare tail servo in my parts bag. I think where I went wrong as keying in the frequencies in the frequency window. I went through the setup again just reading the info on the left. For the servo's I selected the icon that gave me the desired frequency and that worked. The next problem I ran into was limited travel on my servos. I checked my transmitter and found I hadn't changed DR's to Inhibit. Now servos seem ok.

The last problem I ran into is when I select orientation of horizontal connectors forward like I have the receivers mounted the gyro's have the opposite of the desired correction on the swash. Selecting horizontal connectors aft fixed the problem but not sure why I need to select the wrong orientation. Anyway, all seems to work all right. I'll wait till I can take it out to the club on a calm day to test fly it.

I did disable all auto flight leveling. I might try it later but don't think I need it so didn't turn it on.

Top Bottom