FBL Gyro Ikon "Setting Level"

Derek

Hey guys and gals...I just upgraded the firmware, finally, on my Ikon. I have the first generation of the Ikon FBL. It's still functioning, so there's no need in buying a new unit.

Anyway...in the previous firmware, there was a button that I clicked on that would "Set Level", that way the Ikon knew where the "level position" was for the Auto Level feature. However, going through the set up this time, I didn't see a button to click on that would "Set Level."

Did I miss it somewhere or how do I set the "level" position?

Tony

Staff member
I believe they set it now with default settings. I noticed it was missing as well. Have not done much setup since the new firmware so not 100% sure.

Derek

After doing a bit of searching, it appears that the upgraded Ikon/Brain firmware auto learns where "level" is. I don't understand how it would know where "level" is but, as long as it works, I'm happy

Smoggie

The accelerometers in the 6 axis sensor detect the direction of gravity during initialisation. From that they know which direction is up and which is down. It's the same technology that allows the display on your smart -phone to flip around when you hold the phone sideways i.e. your phone is sensing the direction of gravitational acceleration.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yes it does learn its levels, but the best thing to do before you hit the self rescue switch is to read the log of your vibrations.

if you have an older version IKON v1 or V2 (or MSH brain) .. like me.. then you cannot read logs after the flight, as our gyros dont have internal permanent storage enough for that, but those realtime logs can be read realtime in flight.

You make sure to connect to the gyro via bluetooth on your laptop, and then place the laptop close to the heli or yourself (ofcourse to stay in range) .. and fire the puppy up .. hover in normal , ID1 and ID2 modes.. in the mean while the computer will be taking the log and that log can be stored, and read back from your computer..

The idea here is to make sure that at any point, your vibrations should not go over its allowed limit of 60 (i think ) .. and if they are self level / rescue wont perform ..

I ofcourse.. didnt do that, and just took my heli high ... 5 mistakes high and hit the spring loaded switch on my radio programmed with rescue mode.. and my heli pulled hard left and nose down.. LOL ..

I will be taking my own advice soon :D

BE SAFE WITH YOUR LAPTOP BEING CLOSE TO YOU OR YOUR HELI FLYING.. COMMON SENSE and SAFETY FIRST.. I hope thats implied :D

Derek

Thanks Gabs! I'll give that a go.........now, I just gotta learn how to connect my Bluetooth module to my 600

Tony

Staff member
Do you mean physically attaching it, or connecting the bluetooth adapter to the Ikon? If the latter, below is the video on that.

Top Bottom