Other iKON question

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
So I'm setting up a new heli and will be letting the Castle handle the governor. When I set the throttle end points for the ESC it changes the settings in the iKON software. In other words the step where you set the throws to get 100% the throttle changes to like 90,95%. Should I go and reset the throttle to 0/100 in the iKON software? I'm thinking that would change the end points I taught the speed controller. Hope this makes sense.

pvolcko

You need to set your servo travel in the TX for 0-100 on the early ikon setup screen. You set the esc endpoints by using an advanced screen in the ikon software.

First remove blades from heli. Then power up TX and ikon without powering the esc. Use transmitter setup screen in software to get throttle back to 0-100. Use esc setup software to put esc in endpoint mode. Power down esc. Then:

1) set TX throttle to mid stick
2) in ikon software select advanced from view menu on top menu bar. Select common tab and then governor item on the left list. On gov screen open up the "setup" line at the top. You will see gear ratio, sensing divisor, throttle min and throttle max. Move min and Max to middle of range.
3) power up esc. It will do the battery count beeps but stop there.
4) move throttle stick on TX full up, increase throttle max in ikon software slowly until esc beeps, move throttle stick to low position and then slowly reduce throttle min in software until esc completes in it beeps.
5) add 5 points to max value and remove 5 from min as a safety measure.

All done. Power down esc and then power up again and use software to put back into gov mode.

Top Bottom