450 Ikon or Beast x

Sparse

Ok so after thinking about what I want to do with my helicopter, I decide to revamp it. the first thing I am going to do is get a new fbl unit I am going to order it today, Its between the Beast x and the Ikon the. However I have a couple of questions.

1) On the beast website the is a couple of different ones, Micro Beast x - Beast x HD Plus. Which one do I get.

2) The Ikon will it fit the T-rex 450.

3) Is there anything I need to know before pulling the trigger one either one ? Am I going to have to change anything electronic wise on the heli itself.

I am not real fond of the 3gx as of late its a good unit to start with and learn on, But we all know there are better fbl units out there so its time to move on and make the jump while I have the money to do it.

cml001

Read several threads in the gyro section... Tons of good info on this subject/question. Either will fit.. I love them both. You can't go wrong with either and you trash that 3GX once you fly either of them. I have the AR7200 on my 450 & the iKon on the 550... If you quick and easy that WORKS, AR7200.. If you want to dive in and tune allot(not really needed), get iKon... Personaly I like the AR7200 on the 450... Clean, no sat required, & for a small bird not much that I found I had to tune... But both are GREAT gyros!

Slobberdog

I can't remember what 450 model you have, but the ikon will fit on the upper plate but you won't be able to connect the pc lead so not good there, if you can on your model fit the gyro tray on the bottom of the heli then I believe it will fit there and be able to be connected,

The ikon btw is extremely good just got one myself on my 500 and it's transformed the bird,

Not used the Beastx or equivalent ones but I think as Cml001 above the AR7200bx is the better option than the beastx or beastx plus options as it has the rx built in,

Both the Ikon and AR7200bx are about the same price, so the choice is yours I guess

Ken Jackson

I have the IKon and its awesome. I put mine in backwards on my 500 so the data jack is real handy. Not sure how that will work on the 450, hmmm. I still fly the 3GX in my 450 PRO. It is a decent gyro but I couldn't believe how much better the IKon is. It was noticeable the first time I flew with it.

Ken

cml001

Tons of type-o's this morning.. Hope u read it as I thought I had wrote it.. Early read before leaving for work.. Lol.. As I said either gyro... Can't go wrong.. U will love the iKon... Keep us posted!

Top Bottom