General Ikon how much subtrim to level horns on software

totoheat

Hello all

Am quite confuse as my servos only one its 90 the other two are quite off center and my doubt here is how much sub trim can I add in Ikon software to correct this?

On my previous gyro 3GX I level swash plate with following numbers in order to have horns at 90

Ail 16L
Elev 46
Pitch 31-

I understand that less the better but am using same servos with ikon

Help appreciated

Angel:confused1:

Ken Jackson

You should have zero sub trim in your radio. Get your horns as level as possible and then in IKON set up you will tweak them. I had to check my radio before I answered but I have zero sub trim on anything. I did have similar numbers to yours when I was using the 3GX

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Its not quite the same as sub trim but similar. What kind of numbers are you seeing? I don't really think the number matters. Being level is most important. However if your no where near level at center stick before you begin, fix that first.

pvolcko

Yes, no subtrim in the radio is used with Ikon. There is a screen where you 90 out the horns with up and down arrows for each of the cyclic servos, then set min/max collective and min/max cyclic. No radio subtrim is used at all.

totoheat

Ken

I have zero sub trim on Tx and Servo horns as follow:
Aileron Leveled
Pitch,Elevator are out like 35 units easy

Due to my lack of experience my concern is in regard to the fact of applying sub trim ikon accept 15 units then turns red which I understand mean too much

Actually sub trims do affect servo center an throw became uneven? I mean did you move the center of the servo while you ad sub trims?

I was trying to avoid using sub trims but I see it necessary in my case

the step 7 on ikon menu is where servos suppose to be adjusted ? what if I need to add sub trim more then 15 units to level up horns to 90 ?

I do appreciate your help

Angel

- - - Updated - - -

Paul

Is this Screen 7 on ikon menu? and how sub trims affect performance of the servo

in my short experience I always find that sub trim needs to be add to level up horns to 90

Angel

Lee

If you can't get your servo arms near to 90º mechanically first, try using different horns if you have some.
If you have ones with multiple arms, rotate it until you find the one that comes closest to 90º, then cut the others off.

Derek

Yeah, definitely try to get your servo horns to 90 degrees mechanically. A different set of servo horns may help, like Lee said.

Then you can fine tune the servos in the 7th menu in the Ikon programming.

totoheat

Guys

I have done as you all indicated and yes I find my old plastic stock servo horns (had to remove fancy aluminum ones!!)and try them until I found 2 matching 90 and one slight of center then I fit the linkages arms and fine tune lengths to match level on swash plate but I found some interaction on travel of swash affecting mostly the aileron side after mid stick this gap its equal to one click on swash plate set up menu (step 7)but at all 5 point on radio graphic there is no gap its only notable between them when you pass mid stick travel

then I proceed to find Zero pitch and I success I just find my self slightly out oof mid stick (52)

Thanks both of You for the help,am now in a different problem so I will post another tread but at least one off list !!!

Angel

Top Bottom