FBL Gyro IKON/BRAIN Tail gain

Lee

For those of you setting up this unit, I have found the tail gains that the Ikon give you are too high.
On both my Warp and my Goblin, I reduced the gain by a considerable amount from the softwares 45% gain.
On the Goblin the software 45% Gain gave me a TX gain of 57% (DX8)
But my heli was dialled in with 40% TX gain.
For those of you not sure what I'm talking about.
You have a menu in the software for tail gain. The manual says to adjust the gain in your radio until the software reads 45%.

So what I suggest is to go through the set up as specified in the software, then on your TX gain switch, set up your other positions with lower %

danhampson

ive also found this lee running a gain of 45 in the software was too much im running 42% (in software) and it seems really locked in.

Ive also found that the stock pre comp gains are way too low and should be bumped up to around the 65-75 in the software ive been testing these values over the past couple of mornings and have found that my heli seems to like value of 70 for the pre comp gains

Lee

Yeh my tail pre comp on the Warp needed bumping up just a touch.
Once I break this Goblin in, i'll start to push it a bit more,t hen we'll see what needs tweaking.

pvolcko

I've found on the goblins that I've needed no tail pre-comp (this is on a G500 and G700). On the trex 700, though I was up to around 60-70 on tail-precomp and it was working well. I recently bumped back to 0, though, and am thinking of trying to mess with the PID settings for tail to see if I can get them dialed in better without using any (or as much) pre-comp. At 0 there is considerable tail "step out" on that TRex 700.

Don't recall offhand what gyro/tail gain I have setup in the Tx for these models, though. Also, have you setup your travel adjustments so that 100 and -100 are 100 and -100 in the software? Makes doing these comparisons and settings a lot easier. The only channel I don't do that on is the bank select channel.

pvolcko

If you put TX gyro gain. 6i will be a bit different since gyro gain is 0-100 instead of - 100 to 100. 72 makes sense for a software 45 setting in that case.

On 7s and up the gyro gain can be setup to exactly match between ikon software and TX setting by adjusting travel for that channel.

Lee

If it gives you 72% as the ideal, set up the second position 10% less so you have a softer gain to start on.
I found with both the Warp and the Goblin, the ideal gain caused very fast wag. So if you get into a bad wag, you can switch out of it with the lower setting.

Top Bottom