FBL Gyro Ikon 2 Set Up Video

Tony

Staff member
What is it that you are specifically looking for? I do have plans to completely redo the Ikon setup guides. The first video below is the setup on the Goblin. This one is the newest video on the Ikon that we have. The second video is the first one I made which is a complete guide. The interface is a little different now, but most settings are the same. But definitely let me know what it is that you are wanting to see.

sneezy007

Nothing in particular Tony, I was just wondering if there was anything new or different with the Ikon 2.

Thanks,
Dino

Tony

Staff member
Not quite yet. My life has been literally turned upside down and I don't have time to do hardly anything at the moment. But the Ikon2 videos are very high on my priority list when I can get some free time.

Admiral

I was just wondering if there was anything new or different with the Ikon 2.

Thanks,
Dino

Hi Dino, Basically the iKon2 is the same as the iKon and is setup on the same configurator, but the processor is 4 times faster and it has more logging including inflight logging, there are more models available including Micro, Mini, Standard, HV, BT. They talk about Rescue being a new feature, which it is, but also works on the iKon.

I'm running iKon, Standard iKon2 and mini iKon2 they all work the same, being a sports flier I don't notice the difference. I did use Rescue the other week and it works, maybe too well, I think I'm going to have to do some fine tuning, instead of hitting the ground the helicopter ended up about 100' in the air I'm looking at reducing the active time on Rescue. But hell does it work!

sneezy007

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the update on the Ikon 2. I installed one a few months ago on my Gaui X3. I hovered today and it works great.
I have one more Ikon 2 that I want to install on my other X3 but of course I've forgotten everything that I did with the first one.
It will be like starting over. Glad to hear the rescue works, nice to have that safety net.

Cheers,
Dino

sneezy007

Not quite yet. My life has been literally turned upside down and I don't have time to do hardly anything at the moment. But the Ikon2 videos are very high on my priority list when I can get some free time.

Sounds good thanks Tony.
Dino

Admiral

The more you get into them the more you will find, I have an iKon (V1) in a Blade 550X which had tail bobble, after a bit of investigation I found the I could adjust the PIDs for all three axis, turned down the gain settings for the elevator and the problem was gone.

PS Thanks Tony, I added iKon Fanboy to signature block, I like it.

sneezy007

You're right Keith, the other Gaui had a tail wobble with the AR7200BX. Now that it has the Ikon 2 on it, the tail wobble is gone.
I did notice yesterday that it hovers at about 3/4 throttle. Is there a place to adjust this in the Ikon?

Thanks,
Dino

Tony

Staff member
You will adjust that in your Tx in the swash menu. Go into the computer program and go to the page where you set pitch. Just increase it a degree or two and see if you like it. You could adjust your pitch curve, but I do not suggest it.

sneezy007

You will adjust that in your Tx in the swash menu. Go into the computer program and go to the page where you set pitch. Just increase it a degree or two and see if you like it. You could adjust your pitch curve, but I do not suggest it.

Perfect thanks Tony, the first thing I have to deal with is the tail servo. Then it's onto the Ikon2.
Dino

Admiral

If your iKon is setup correctly as per Tony's video you shouldn't adjust it to increase pitch, you would need to look at your pitch curve along with your throttle curve along and motor KV & pinion.

Tony

Staff member
I am a little deprived on sleep and I think I got the AR7200BX confused for the ikon. I think you use the computer program to adjust the pitch rather than the Tx. This is my bad. This is an absolutely horrible week to say the least. Sitting at a Freightliner dealership having the truck fixed, agian...

So use the computer program and not the Tx to adjust the collective. You can still use the pitch curve in the Tx as I stated before. Just not the overall pitch. And again, I would just leave the pitch curve linear.

Admiral

With mine I set the pitch on the computer with no DR or Expo, and linear pitch & throttle curves to +/- 10 degrees with zero pitch at mid stick, from there on the Transmitter I adjust the throttle curve to something like 0,75,75,75,75 depending on the helicopter and then fiddle with the pitch curve until I'm comfortable with it.

Don't forget to put your DR/Expo back in.

Top Bottom