380/420 Ikon 2 Mini Problem

Aerocar

I converted a TT Innovator Expert to flybarless. Used HiTec servo amps, Castle BEC attached to original ESC,. With iKon 2 Mini it wobbles at lift off. I then tried a Spirit controller. It works fine. Tried iKon again. The heli wobbles violently at lift off. Yes, no vibes, no bent shafts, all links tight.
Any knowledge and help greatly appreciated.
An iKon 2 Mini problem?

Aerocar

Aerocar again. Here is photo of flybarless Innovator with Spirit controller. Rotor head looks naked!
Spirit Innovator Expert.jpg

Tony

Staff member
During take off, the gyro is dealing with a transition. It is going from stable on the ground and rocks to the right due to the tail rotor. I'm thinking this is a PID issue. You can test this in the air by doing a quick 'flick' of the cyclic stick and see if it does it again. If it does, PID confirmed. If it does not do it, then try putting some more foam tape under the gyro.

Aerocar

During take off, the gyro is dealing with a transition. It is going from stable on the ground and rocks to the right due to the tail rotor. I'm thinking this is a PID issue. You can test this in the air by doing a quick 'flick' of the cyclic stick and see if it does it again. If it does, PID confirmed. If it does not do it, then try putting some more foam tape under the gyro.
Tony,
I can not get it off the ground without terrible wobble. It would self destruct. I have held it aloft in my hand, and get the same severe wobbling. The gyro is mounted on the same foam provided by iKon and is quite rigid to the Innovator's yellow box. Remember, it flies fine with the Spirit gyro mounted in the same place and foam. I have not tried to install the iKon in another heli, just to test it.
I downloaded its data file and vibration file. I then sent it to iKon for analysis. If you are familiar with the iKon's I can send you that file too.
Could you guess, is the cyclic gain too high or too low? Ed

Tony

Staff member
Okay, I was under the impression that it would get off the ground.

To me, this sounds like the gains are too high. However, if you reset the gyro, I have never seen the stock settings being high like it seems here.

I have never looked at a log file so I would be no help there. I go by what I can see and adjust from there. Since there is no video, I'm just spitballing this one. Definitely hope Ikon can give you some input on the logs.

Top Bottom