500 Idol 1 weirdness

trainrider06

Ok I changed throttle settings on my radio so I could use idol 1, took her up this morning,
flicked idol 1, and the tail swung right on me from the 6 o'clock position to 3.
Scared the crap outta me....shouldn't do that should it?
I flicked it back off real quick so have no idea of flyablity of it.....

Tony

Staff member
That was caused by the torque of the motor. But your gyro should have brought it back around. This is whyI loved about tthe yep esc. You could adjust how fast it spooled between the iu settings.

trainrider06

I noticed that it went around slow, but what should I do to correct it?
Or do I just tourque her back around with the sticks?
I did set it down and flicked idol 1 on that way, it slowly twisted to the
3 o'clock position, like in the air, and slowly increased RPM's but started
Vibrating like crazy....heli was literally dancing on its skids!
So I flicked it off.....

Tony

Staff member
Try raising the gyro gain until you get a wag (in IU), and once you get a wag, lower it by 5% and you should be perfect.

trainrider06

This would be in idol 1 that I would adjust gain I am thinking?Duhh you just said....lol sorry at work reading quick....thank ya Tony!

Last edited:

Derek

What tx are you using?

Tony is absolutely right about what he's saying. There should be a gain value that can be adjusted for each flight mode. Go ahead and raise your gyro gain, for Idle 1, until you get a bit of a tail wag. Once you get that bit of wag, set your heli down, and then drop that gain value down by about 5% and you should be good to go. You should notice that your Idle 1 gyro gain value is a bit less than your normal mode gyro gain value. This is due to the higher head speed turning the tail faster...therefore the gyro gain doesn't need to work as hard.

trainrider06

What tx are you using?

Tony is absolutely right about what he's saying. There should be a gain value that can be adjusted for each flight mode. Go ahead and raise your gyro gain, for Idle 1, until you get a bit of a tail wag. Once you get that bit of wag, set your heli down, and then drop that gain value down by about 5% and you should be good to go. You should notice that your Idle 1 gyro gain value is a bit less than your normal mode gyro gain value. This is due to the higher head speed turning the tail faster...therefore the gyro gain doesn't need to work as hard.

it's a DX6i, ok fellas thank you, i'll see what I can do either tomorrow or Weds on it....:)

Top Bottom