idea for site

Hey Tony
This is an idea i just had for the site
How about making a thread that is towards building and repair for helis and planes and have sub catagorys for like motor,seros, control arms
INstead of searching youtube for 30 min to find a vid
Here is an example ... Lets say someone was flying there plane then crashed and broke....lets say....a main wing off. in the sub catagory have a vid or text saying " the first thing you want to do is .............." step by step

Lets say sub catagory tail boom some one was flying and crashed and damaged there tail boom and has to repair/replacee the tail boom. Have a vid or text saying "This is what you need to do................."

I hope you get the idea that im trying to say. any questions on it let me know. I know that there is a build section on the forum but that is more to custom builds

I will help with videos once i move in the next few months.The reason that i cant do videos right now is because the lighting in my workshop(garage) is not the greatest

Tony

Staff member
This is a decent idea, but there are some issues with it. The sheer number of sub categories would be very large. Like over 20 just for a helicopter. Then there are the planes, quads, cars, trucks and so on, so you are going to have at least 4 categories with 100+ sub categories. The other issue is, no one crashes the same. I crashed my Edge 540, but all I did was fold back the landing gears and punctured holes in the wings. Simple fix with a little epoxy and packing tape. Could have used monokote (another sub category) but packing tape is what I had.

I do like what you are getting to though and I will think about it. Maybe a main forum category of "Rc Repairs" and split it up into heli, plane and so on. We will see what we can come up with. Great idea though.

Barge

Hi Tony, another US forum I belong to has a Tools and Gadget thread, there is some really snappy stuff out there to make life easier when carrying out repairs and modifications, I'm sure there are members out there that have some pretty cool tools, ones that are of great quality, and ones they have made themselves, or they just make life easier like the ones below.

The Align Hex Head drivers, 1.3, 1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3mm, high quality white steel, purchased from Helipal.

DSC_1007.jpg

The drill centre hole transfer tool, place the part where you want to fix it to the job, place the tool in the hole of the part, push the centre of the tool onto the job and twist and it will leave a mark on where to drill the hole, long reach for those difficult to get to jobs,

DSC_1005.jpg

Just a thought for helping newbies and experienced RC modellers alike.

DSC_1007.jpg

DSC_1005.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
That is actually a really good idea. Having a place to chat about the tools we use could be very handy. I know I have had a lot of questions on the flybar head setup video on where I got the tool that I used to lock the flybar. Just so you all know, I made it. But it would be a great place to show how I made it and how it works.

I will see what I can do about this when I have the forum up and running again. If you don't see anything, bump this thread and remind me.

Barge

Hi Tony, I know you are very busy, but I thought I would just keep this idea ticking over in the back ground until you can get around to it. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
Ah yes, See... I told you that you would need to remind me lmao. Jotting it down now so it's in front of me. ,

Tony

Staff member
Created the new forum. I put it in with the vehicles since i couldn't think of any subforums to put in with it. But if we get enough, I will make it its own category.

Tools & Gadgets

holtneil

Hi Tony i dont know if you are aware of pending FAA rules on FPV i posted this on FPV section but needs a bigger push this is what i wrote
Hi guys , the FAA is planning to stop any FPV aircraft from flying out of eye range and banning the used off googles , hobby king is running this on there site we as hobby flyers need to put our say in we need 50k replys to the rule to get the FAA to re-look at it so guys please go and put your voice to the hobby you love , it is not only the USA that will suffer once in all countries will adopt the rule
Here is the link
HobbyKing R/C News

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Tony sorry about spelling i cant edit it and pc is playing up

Top Bottom