Chargers Icharger

Slobberdog

Well I have just had a conversation with a person that has an Icharger in the country, although it's not a 306b, GUTTED well a little bit,

the only people that have a 306b are a bit more expensive than I wanted to go for the charger,

Back to the beginning, he told me he was getting more in and they are on order but it could take 2 to 3 weeks, maybe a little more, he was not sure, but here is the BUT,

I could order from the more expensive person that I have not had dealings with or order a slightly more expensive unit from my prefurred source,

So I ordered a

Icharger 3010b

Woot! Woot! Woot! Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited I could crush a grape.:fat:

Slobberdog

Tony convinced me yesterday, it was hard work getting someone with stock of the Icharger though.

got to be better than my 35w mini sigma eq, it takes 1 hour to charge a 2200 @ 2c putting in less than a 1000mah.

that will now become a perm set up for the 2s batteries and paraboard for the 130xx it should be able to manage that, lol

Slobberdog

when I looked at it all the 306b was $165, 3010b was another $50 and the PL6 would have been $100 more than the 306b, so went for the compromise and maybe a bit of future proofing as well, not that I can see the future, LOL

cant wait to get all the stuff in my grubby mits to get it going, now what to do about a case, lol

Tony

Staff member
I didn't know the PL6 was that much more. I doubt you will run a 10s battery, but if you do, you will be set lmao. Make a quad running on 10s!!!

Slobberdog

Just had the tracking number for my charger, will be delivered tomorrow, as will my power supplies, just have to pick up some wire, heat shrink and connectors,

:excitement: :excitement: :excitement: :excitement:

Slobberdog

Yeah baby, I wonder what this is, lol

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Part 1 of the puzzle, just waiting on UPS now and that's out for delivery today......

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

LOL what did the baby charger say to the daddy charger, "when I grow up I want a powerful job"

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slobberdog

Well here we go, the UPS man turned up, and number 1 supply is done, and number 2 that needs the ground mod doing is along side

image.jpg

And here it does look cleaner with the brackets removed
image.jpg

Now I am up and running,

Can't believe the size of these things either, they look bigger in all the pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, they are pretty small, but they are heavy as hell. If you put two of them plus your charger in a case, it had better have a good handle. In mine, I have that, plus about 9 batteries. I'm waiting on the handle to rip off lmao. Can't wait to see this thing in action!

Slobberdog

Well here's a shot of my bullet connector soldered in, glad I had the new iron for this job as it made life easy, well hot it got,

image.jpg

And here's the both units together, done the ground mod, and thanks goes out to Gabba for the initial how to and Tony for his most excellent video on how to do it, with both pieces of info it was a breeze.

image.jpg

Just got to got a few more servo plugs to finish the jumper plug, and I will have a 1000w power supply, wOOt! wOOt!

Just got to wait for a break in the wind now to try the set up out,

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
You don't need the servo plugs to jump those pins. Just fold all of them over to the center pin and solder them all together. that is ultimately what I ended up doing adn it's MUCH cleaner.

And that is exactly how I did the bullets, but I used two per side just to have an extra spot for more plugs.

Looks great.

Slobberdog

Thanks Tony, just like the fact the servo plugs cover the pins. My bother in law has some over the house for me, so gonna pick them up tomorrow,

Was looking at two plugs but plugged for one in the end, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Was easier for me to solder, as I was apprehensive of how good the soldering iron was gonna be

Tony

Staff member
When I did mine, I soldered the two bullets together, and then soldered them into the PSU's. Made it a lot easier. Just an idea if you need more plugs in the future.

Slobberdog

Yeah don't think I am gonna feel the need to expand for a long time,

- - - Updated - - -

But in all seriousness Tony, thank you for convincing me to go down this route, as the mod was easy, hardest part is the soldering as its in a tight space.

cml001

Hey guys.. I'm play'n w my new 306b... Had some ?s for u guys. 1) Cycle'n battery... Can to do multiple battery's at one time or is it best to do that one at a time... Have a few old one I was gonna bring down and back a few times to see if it livens up a bit. 2) storage mode... Same question.... Matter o fact, tony.. I know u've had yours for awhile now.. Any advise on charging, maintaining... Parallel'n... Feed my brain buddy!

Tony

Staff member
When you are charging parallel, make sure the batteries are no more than 2% from each other on voltage. Any more than 2%, and you can damage the lowest battery. Cycling, you can do more than one, just remember, the higher the discharge, the hotter the charger is going to get. There is protection in there, but heat is electronics enemy. But, if you are not discharging that high, then you will be just fine.

Storage, you can do them all at once, but again, no more than 2% difference when starting.

As for regular charging, it's the exact same as above.

Top Bottom