1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Chargers Icharger Duo 4010 Balance Issue

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Hungomez, Mar 26, 2018.

< Balance Charger Never Completing Charge | Castle 25 Amp >
  1. Hungomez

Hungomez Member

Hi. Anyone has a balance problem with the icharger ?
    My won’t balance, is mean newer finish off the charge, or any other task witch have to be balanced. Doesn’t matter what kind of balance I setting up, newer ending the story.
    Here is a picture of the balance only after a charge. Just have look on the time. ( also all off my batteries been checked, no issues on my other charger. )

Attached Files:

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

I think @Smoggie has one of these. But I believe they have a setting in them that regulates the current while balancing. One thing I notice is the cells are at 4.18 mostly with a couple at 4.19. Hopefully Steve can be of more help since I"m not familiar with the Duo.

Hungomez likes this.
  3. Hungomez

Hungomez Member

Hi. Yes , almost perfectly balanced on changing as well, but never finish off. Usually less then 1/10v different on one cell.

4. Smoggie

Smoggie Well-Known Member

Bear in mind that the display on the iCharger Duo is to three decimal places, so that's down to thousandths of a volt. You batteries in the display are actually generally within around 1/100th of a volt (a lot better than 1/10thV)

But they shouldn't be taking an hour to balance. I'd suggest to leave them rest for an hour and do an IR (Internal Resistance) check. It's likely that a cell in the battery is suffering from increased IR which makes it hard for the charger to balance.

5. Hungomez

Hungomez Member

Batteries are fine. This is with the pictures a new packs. All my batteries have been tested, I have no higher ir as 4. Doesn’t matter what size, how many cells, is just don’t finish any of the tasks what ending with balance.

6. Smoggie

That’s strange. It could maybe be a fault with the balancing circuit in the charger. It’s not something I’ve experienced with my 4010 Duo. All I can suggest is contacting your dealer or Junsi technical support.

7. Hungomez

Hungomez Member

Ok. Thanks. I try to get some contact.

8. Smoggie

I was setting up my own 4010 Duo yesterday and came across a setting that would help with this problem. In the setup there is an option to finish balancing when current drops to a certain % of charge current. This option is disabled by default but I set it to 10% so as to make balancing quicker. Attached are the settings required to enable this feature

83A3565E-D3F3-434A-ACED-97F5121E4451.jpeg

1779B58C-079D-4371-A9DE-E620EDB91DB4.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  9. Hungomez

Hungomez Member

Ok. I have look later. Thanks for your help. :)
    This screen is somewhere in the charger setup?

10. Smoggie

Yes, the screens are in the setup menu where you configure your charge parameters. If you cant find it just say.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  11. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Check out the thread below and let me know. I just so happened to have the same issue that you are having for the first time. Very interesting to me and I think I may know why it is happening, but still testing.

Chargers - Balance Charger Never Completing Charge

< Balance Charger Never Completing Charge | Castle 25 Amp >